What is the purpose of this study program?
The aim of this study program is to prepare versatile professionals who will be able to design mechatronic and robotic systems, operate them and work in an industry that requires advanced integrated engineering knowledge.
What will students learn?
- Theoretical knowledge of robotic control systems, mechanics, applied electronics and machinery.
- Robotic and mechatronic systems design methods.
- To identify and analyze the technical (production) problems and plan strategies for their solution.
- Formulate and solve practical mechatronics and robotics tasks, design mechatronic and robotic systems
- About new programming languages, necessary to develop and produce mechatronic and robotic systems.
Where can students make practice?
Professional practices are carried out in companies with the most recent production facilities and technologies. Students acquire practical skills working with the equipment, technology, learn about the company management.
Where is it possible to study abroad?
With the Erasmus academic exchange program, studies are available from one semester to the year abroad. Partnership geography is very wide, practically all of the European Union countries.
What about career opportunities after BSc studies?
Graduates can work in scientific research or practical placements. In practical placements, they can get positions of industrial engineer, designer, technologist, diagnostic engineer as well as take a leading position in industrial enterprises, state enterprises, municipalities, departments, administering engineering activities and estimating its development and growth perspective.
About the School
Vilnius Gediminas Technical University (VGTU) was established in 1956. The name of Lithuanian Grand Duke Gediminas was awarded for the 40th anniversary of the university's activities.