The field of Mechanical Engineering provides the bedrock for the manufacturing, transportation and telecommunications industries, and mechanical engineers are highly sought after in industrialized nations.
Through this program, students are exposed to the basics of metallurgy and measurement, before tackling complex subjects like machinery, fluid mechanics, and mathematics.
This program is based on a problem-solving approach based on actual, industrial issues, thereby training students to be productive in the workplace.
- Pass STPM with 2 Principal Passes including Mathematics and a Physical Science, or
- Pass A-Levels with a minimum of 2 passes in subjects including Mathematics and a Physical Science, or
- Pass Foundation in Science in a relevant field which is recognized by the Malaysian Government, or
- Pass Diploma in a relevant field from an Institute of Higher Learning as recognized by the Malaysian Government, or
- Other equivalent qualifications as recognized by the Malaysian Government
- Approved by MQA.
- Recognised by the signatory members of the Washington Accord. The members as of 2013 include Australia, Canada, Chinese Taipei, China, Ireland, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, New Zealand, Russia, Singapore, South Africa, Turkey, the United Kingdom, and the United States of America.
- Approved by Engineering Accreditation Council (EAC) and Board of Engineers Malaysia (BEM).
- Designed to meet International Curriculum to be in sync with the global benchmarks and industry requirements.
- Multiple partnerships with organisations to boost capabilities of the students and make them job ready.
- 100% Internship Opportunity and Industrial Training availability with the following partner organisations.
Graduates of this course can go on to work as:
- Mechanical Engineering Technicians
- Technical Engineers
- Design Engineers
- Design Analysts
- Manufacturing Engineers
- Mechanical Designers
- Composites Engineers
- Leadership Programme Engineers
- Design Engineers
- Project Managers
Program taught in: