The international business programme at Xiamen University (XMU) is offered by the School of Economics, the first school of economics ever established among the national key comprehensive universities in mainland China. The economics programme at XMU has always ranked among the top five in mainland China. According to the 2013 Tilburg University Worldwide Economics Schools Research Ranking, XMU ranked among the top four in China and 16th in Asia for the number of published articles in prestigious international publications. We are supported by a strong faculty consisting of 12 professors, 13 associate professors, and 5 assistant professors. 80% of the faculty are Ph.D. degree holders with academic credentials awarded by world-famous universities. We place great emphasis on the research of theories and policies of international economy and trade while maintaining a continuing interest in monitoring the actual dynamics and mechanisms of international businesses and overseas investment.
Our programme at Xiamen University Malaysia Campus is designed to build a broad understanding of global business trends and issues, especially multinational businesses and their marketing strategies. With their newly acquired business acumen and skills, graduates are expected to excel in their chosen vocation by making use of their unique educational experience to deal with cross-cultural sensitivity during trans-border interactions and engagements.
- A unique platform that facilitates the acquisition of a comprehensive set of knowledge and skills in the areas of international business, trade, and investment as well as cross-cultural communication.
- A popular programme that benefits from innovative teaching and scholastic pursuits.
- A rare opportunity that offers a window to the world of doing business in China, Malaysia and beyond.
Main Courses Offered
- Principles of Economics I
- Quantitative Methods and Data Analysis I
- Principles of Accounting
- Principles of Economics II
- Quantitative Methods and Data Analysis II
- Principles of Management
- Business Statistics
- Principles of Finance
- International Economics
- International Business Environment
- Business and the Economy of China
- International Business in a Global Context
- International Human Resource Study
- International Finance
- Industrial Training
- International Corporate Finance
- International Business Law
- Consumer Behavior
- Global Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- International Marketing Management
- Doing Business in China
- Cross-border Mergers and Acquisitions
- Business Communication
- International Corporate Governance
Multinational companies, financial organizations, institutions of higher learning, and government organizations
|STPM||A pass in STPM with at least a Grade C (GP 2.0) in any 2 subjects|
|A level||A pass in A-Level with at least a Grade D in any 2 subjects|
|UEC||A pass in UEC with at least a Grade B in 5 subjects|
|Foundation/Matriculation||A pass in Foundation/Matriculation with at least CGPA 2.0 out of 4.0|
|Diploma||A pass in Diploma with at least CGPA 2.0 out of 4.0|
|AND||Mathematics and English Language - a pass in SPM or a Grade C7 in UEC or the equivalent|
About the School
Xiamen University Malaysia (XMUM) is the first overseas campus set up by a renowned Chinese university and the first Chinese university branch campus in Malaysia. Located in the vicinity of Bandar Kot ... Read More