The Bachelor Programme of International Sales and Marketing Management is a seven-semester programme taught in English.
The programme is based on applied science and provides you with a combination of subjects in the fields of business, economics, organization and management, communication, culture, and business law with a major focus on international marketing and sales.
The programme combines theory with practice through project work and case studies from a broad range of companies. Furthermore, the programme includes 2 separate business placement periods of 12 weeks each. The aim of the placement periods is to equip you with experience of work within a business environment and to give you the opportunity to focus in depth upon real-life business problems and issues.
The programme takes place at Campus Horsens.
Content and Structure
The programme combines theory with practice through project work and case studies from a broad range of companies. Furthermore, the programme includes two separate work placement periods of at least 12 weeks each. The aim of the placement periods is to provide you with work experience within a business environment and to give you the opportunity to focus in depth upon real-life business problems and issues.
The seven semesters are structured in the following way:
- Semesters 1-3 comprise compulsory and elective courses.
- Semester 4 consists of work placement and a final project.
- Semesters 5-6 consist of business-related themes, which are subdivided into specific topics.
- Semester 7 comprises yet another work placement period and the bachelor dissertation.
The Bachelor Degree in International Sales and Marketing Management provides you with several career opportunities. As a graduate, you will have the potential to specialize in a career in marketing functions such as sales, market research, brand management and advertising.
Future job titles could be:
- International Sales Representative
- Export Sales Representative
- Marketing and Sales Manager
- Key Account, District or Export Manager
- Business Consultant
- General Manager
Maybe an Entrepreneur:
The Bachelor Degree in International Sales and Marketing Management will also provide you with the perfect launch pad for getting started in your own business or for working with innovation and the development of new products and concepts in innovative companies.
Requirements for International Students:
- A two-year Academy Profession Degree in Marketing Management or a similar business diploma or degree
- Graduates from other AP degrees in the field of business studies will be assessed using criteria from the AP degree in Marketing Management
- It is a criterion that you hold an AP degree or have similar qualifications and have at least 2 - 3 years' relevant higher education.
- As for documentation of your current English language level, we accept the TOEFL test, the TOEIC test, the IELTS test or the Cambridge ESOL test. Read here for information concerning required test scores
- You may also choose to take the VIA University College English Language Assessment Test (VIAT/e)
Applicants who are native speakers or have proof of secondary school education from the UK, Australia, the USA, Canada and New Zealand are exempt from the English language admission requirements.
Each semester contains a complete and partial learning sequence with its own exams. Thus, it is possible for students to complete parts of the study programme with documented equivalent qualifications from another Danish or foreign educational institution. Foreign students may follow one or several semesters of the programme.
About the School
VIA University College is Denmark’s largest and most international university of applied sciences with a total of 19,000 students of which 3,500 are international students from all over the world.