This Bachelor in Finance is designed for students who are keen to start a career in a wide variety of finance-related careers, including investment banking, hedge fund management, stock markets, banking, and portfolio management. Graduates from this program will become experts in assessing and managing financial risks, which will enable them to fully master the international financial system.
Over the course of this program students will:
- Acquire in-depth knowledge of international taxation and estate planning.
- Learn risk management strategies and understand insurance policies. Be able to perform technical analysis.
- Be familiar with hedge fund analysis and management.
- Explore executive financial statement analysis.
- Duration: 3 years.
- Credits: 180 ECTS.
- Language: English.
- Intakes: February and September.
- Degree Awarded: Bachelor of International Business Management with a specialization in International Finance
- Transfer Opportunities: We offer our students the option to transfer for a semester between our Geneva and Barcelona campuses.
- Internships: We provide access to internship opportunities in international companies and organizations.
This bachelor is designed to enable you to continually adapt to constant changes in the world of finance and economics. You will be equipped with the tools to understand and manage all financial aspects within a private or public corporation and to gain a detailed knowledge of issues that are concerned with domestic and international financial institutions. Beyond the main Business modules offered within each major, students also take specialization courses, such as:
- Corporate Finance
- International Finance
- Investment Psychology
- Financial Instruments - Stock market
With a Bachelor (IBM) International Finance specialization, graduates can aspire to work as:
- Insurance Agent
- Loan Officer
- Real Estate Officer
- Financial Analyst
- Swiss Maturité, International Baccalaureate of minimum 30 points, 3 A-levels, High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum IELTS 6.0/TOEFL 70 or proof of studying previously in an English speaking environment for a minimum of 3 years.
- Scanned copy of all required academic diplomas, transcripts, and academic certificates obtained.
- A 500-word essay: What can you bring to the Geneva Business School community?
- Photocopy of a valid passport/national ID.
- One reference letter.
Fees and Funding
- Application Fee: €150 (Non-refundable, paid upon application)
- Administration Fee: €1,900 (One-time fee, refund of 80% if the entry visa or the residence permit is refused by the Visa Authorities)
- Tuition per semester: €5,730 (Total 3-year program / 6 semesters) (Refund of 100% if the entry visa or the residence permit is refused by the Visa Authorities)