This program is designed to equip students with technical abilities and knowledge of the information security in the areas of Computer Security, Internet Security, Information Assurance and Security, Network Security, Systems Administration, and Software Security. In addition, students have the opportunity to learn about computer networking and software development. Students will learn and be trained on how to detect, prevent and defend organizations’ systems from unauthorized access.
Electives courses like Vulnerability Assessment and Penetration Testing, Digital Forensics, Network Forensics, Security Assessment and Risk Management, Artificial Intelligence, Mobile Application Development, Internet of Things and Cloud Computing will be offered to students undergoing this program.
Students will have an opportunity to work with the industry through their 6 months of industrial training and carry out real-life projects in information security. All such training will add value to their qualification and increase their employment opportunities.
Minimum Entry Requirements
Students must meet the following requirements in order to be considered for entry to Bachelor of Information Technology (Honours) in Information Security in TAR UC:
• A-Level - Grade C in 2 relevant subjects (O Leve: Grade C in Mathematics & Pass in English)
• TAR UC Qualification – Foundation in Science (Track A) OR Diploma in Science (Internet Technology) (with min CGPA 2.50 above)
• Other – Other qualifications recognized by the Malaysia Government and meet TAR UC minimum entry requirements
IELTS Requirement: Band 5.0
- Information Security Analysts
- Information Security Consultants
- Information Security Managers
- Information Security Engineers
- Information Security Administrators
- Information Security Auditors
- Forensics Analysts
- Forensic Investigators
- Security Software Developers
- Mobile Application Developers
- Network Security Engineers
About the School
By 2019, Tunku Abdul Rahman University College (‘TAR UC’) will have reached a very significant milestone – its 50th anniversary since inception in 1969. Indeed a journey of 50 years is unquestionably ... Read More