The focus of the Bachelor of Graphic Design programme is on the job market. Students will graduate with a strong portfolio of practical work and will be industry-ready to produce effective materials for print or online publishing.
The course starts with a foundation period in which students will learn about design principles, drawing skills, typography, creativity, and idea development. History of Design and Graphic Design are also covered and will reflect on the students as a background knowledge and inspiration for their future work.
Students will improve their software knowledge by doing practical work throughout the course using the Adobe Creative Suite. They will then learn how to apply their designs to print, digital, or interactive platforms with the right media.
There are three (3) Major Studio projects and a compulsory internship, which will prepare students to deal with the industry, giving them real-life situations to work with.
Students will learn what to expect when working in a studio, developing and selling their ideas, meeting with clients and dealing with deadlines. Students will graduate with a strong portfolio of different art forms and will be able to create artwork for printed media like magazines, outdoor media like installation art or even advertisements for digital platforms.
- 20th Century Design & Culture
- Colour Theory
- Design & Marketing
- Design & Subculture
- Design Principles
- Digital and Applied Illustration
- Digital Image Processing
- Digital Photography
- Drawing for Designers
- Graphic Construction
- Graphic Design & Communication Studio
- Graphic Design & Society
- Graphics for Products and Spaces
- Industry Experience
- Integrated and Visual Systems
- Law for the Creative Industries
- Major Studio Project (Identity System Design)
- Major Studio Project (Packaging Design)
- Major Studio Project (Publication Design)
- Multimedia Digital Authoring
- Print and Pre-Press Portfolio
- Print Media and Graphic Design
- Project Management
- Sustainable Design
- Visual Communication and Imaging
- Visual Language Past & Present
- Web Design
Compulsory Modules (MPU)
International Student Only
- Bahasa Melayu Komunikasi 2 (Malay Language Communication 2)
- Pengajian Malaysia (Malaysian Studies)
- Pemikiran Kreatif (Creative Thinking)
- Inovasi Malaysia (Malaysian Innovation)
- Khidmat Masyarakat (Community Service)
Malaysian Student Only
- Tamadun Islam dan Tamadun Asia
- Hubungan Etnik
- Bahasa Kebangsaan A atau Pemikiran Kreatif
- Inovasi Malaysia
- Khidmat Masyarakat
Advertising Art Director, Editorial Designer, Illustrator, Website Designer, Branding and Packaging, Communication Design.
Program taught in: