You see the major listed differently at each school (global business, international business, international management), but Simpson's Global Management major has distinctions to set it apart:
- We offer a comprehensive business curriculum with a focus on management. Seniors take part in the management senior seminar and take a global-focused slant.
- The global component is not merely adding a study of another language. Students infuse world politics, culture, religion, and history courses into their business studies.
- Our business professors with international research, teaching and business experience are excited to work with globally focused students.
- Students take advantage of may term, semester and year-long international study options, international internships and job placements. In our survey of 2012 graduates (100% response rate), all students had found full-time employment.
Global Management Major
Students will complete ten courses, plus a capstone and a minor in a language as follows:
- Econ 100 Principles of Economics
- Acct 201 Introduction to Accounting
- Magt 131 Management Concepts
- Mktg 234 Marketing (Pre-req: MAGT 131)
- Magt 333 Organization and Behavior (Pre-req: MAGT 131 and junior standing)
- Mktg 336 International Marketing (Pre-req: MAGT 131; MKTG 234; ECON 100 or 101 or 102)
- Econ 343 International Trade and Finance (Pre-req: ECON 100 or 101 or 102)
- CIS/MAGT 145 Management Information Systems and Business Intelligence
Choose two courses from the following:
- PoSc 230 Western European Politics
- PoSc 231 Politics of Russia and Eastern Europe
- PoSc 232 Asian Politics
- PoSc 233 Latin American Politics
- PoSc 240 World Politics
- PoSc 340 Politics of a Changing World
- Rel 120 Intro to World Religion
- Econ 230 Economic Development (Pre-req: ECON 100 or 101 or 102)
- Hist 275 History of India
- Hist 276 History of China
- Hist 309 Contemporary Europe
*Also Required: Minor in language offered through the Department of World Language and Culture Studies.
- **Magt 385 Senior Seminar in Strategic Management (Permission from Dept Chair required to enroll. Pre-req: MAGT 131, 333; MKTG 234; ECON 100, 135, 339; ACCT 201)
*In fulfilling requirements for the global management major, students who are not native speakers of English are required to pursue a minor in English or another second language. For native speakers of English, study abroad is strongly encouraged.
**Consultation with Business Administration and Economics department chair is required during junior year.
About the School
Founded in 1860, Simpson has prepared generations of students for successful careers, graduate schools or service work. Our beautiful campus sits on 75 acres in Indianola, Iowa and offers the best of ... Read More