You see the major listed differently at each school (global business, international business, international management), but Simpson's Global Management major has distinctions to set it apart:
- We offer a comprehensive business curriculum with a focus on management. Seniors take part in the management senior seminar and take a global-focused slant.
- The global component is not merely adding a study of another language. Students infuse world politics, culture, religion, and history courses into their business studies.
- Our business professors with international research, teaching and business experience are excited to work with globally focused students.
- Students take advantage of may term, semester and year-long international study options, international internships and job placements. In our survey of 2012 graduates (100% response rate), all students had found full-time employment.
Global Management Major
Students will complete ten courses, plus a capstone and a minor in a language as follows:
- Econ 100 Principles of Economics
- Acct 201 Introduction to Accounting
- Magt 131 Management Concepts
- Mktg 234 Marketing (Pre-req: MAGT 131)
- Magt 333 Organization and Behavior (Pre-req: MAGT 131 and junior standing)
- Mktg 336 International Marketing (Pre-req: MAGT 131; MKTG 234; ECON 100 or 101 or 102)
- Econ 343 International Trade and Finance (Pre-req: ECON 100 or 101 or 102)
- CIS/MAGT 145 Management Information Systems and Business Intelligence
Choose two courses from the following:
- PoSc 230 Western European Politics
- PoSc 231 Politics of Russia and Eastern Europe
- PoSc 232 Asian Politics
- PoSc 233 Latin American Politics
- PoSc 240 World Politics
- PoSc 340 Politics of a Changing World
- Rel 120 Intro to World Religion
- Econ 230 Economic Development (Pre-req: ECON 100 or 101 or 102)
- Hist 275 History of India
- Hist 276 History of China
- Hist 309 Contemporary Europe
*Also Required: Minor in language offered through the Department of World Language and Culture Studies.
- **Magt 385 Senior Seminar in Strategic Management (Permission from Dept Chair required to enroll. Pre-req: MAGT 131, 333; MKTG 234; ECON 100, 135, 339; ACCT 201)
*In fulfilling requirements for the global management major, students who are not native speakers of English are required to pursue a minor in English or another second language. For native speakers of English, study abroad is strongly encouraged.
**Consultation with Business Administration and Economics department chair is required during junior year.