Available Emphasis Areas:
- Ceramics - Emphasis
- Painting - Emphasis
- Printmaking - Emphasis
- Sculpture - Emphasis
This degree takes advantage of N.A.U.’s studio facilities to accustom students to working in studio environments. Students will learn important techniques, analysis of materials, planning, critique, global influences, and more.
What Can I Do with a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Studio Art?
Every artist soars on two wings—imagination and craft. If you can imagine angels yearning to fly, we can help you set them free. Join one of our programs in ceramics, painting, printmaking, or sculpture and see where your talent can take you.
Develop your craft in small classes that guarantee close interaction with faculty. Our studio facilities provide all you'll need to make art--except your personal vision. Study the masters, explore critical scholarship, and create visual objects in a variety of media. Build self-confidence with a required one-person exhibition, presentation, and oral defense. You'll graduate prepared for the life of a working artist or for careers in art-related fields. Our balanced program of study will also fully prepare you for graduate study.
Career opportunities that might be pursued:
- Antique dealing
With further education, one of these paths is possible:
- Corporate curator
To receive a bachelor's degree at Northern Arizona University, you must complete at least 120 units of credit that minimally includes a major, the liberal studies requirements, and university requirements as listed below.
- All of Northern Arizona University's liberal studies, diversity, junior-level writing, and capstone requirements.
- All requirements for your specific academic plan(s).
- At least 30 units of upper-division courses, which may include transfer work.
- At least 30 units of coursework taken through Northern Arizona University, of which at least 18 must be upper-division courses (300-level or above). This requirement is not met by credit-by-exam, retro-credits, transfer coursework, etc.
- A cumulative grade point average of at least 2.0 on all work attempted at Northern Arizona University.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 8, 2018