The Bachelor of Fine Arts in Digital Art and Animation is a four-year program designed to prepare students to create artwork at the professional level. Rather than simply teaching students how to use current tools and software, the BFA program emphasizes the development of foundational skills that remain relevant and useful regardless of the technology or medium. Students who successfully complete this program will have the skills to produce powerful, affecting imagery in a professional studio environment.
Candidates for the Bachelor of Fine Arts in Digital Art and Animation program must have a strong foundation in drawing and art concepts and be open to constructive feedback on their work. Candidates must provide an art portfolio of 15 to 20 samples of artwork and should have experience with drawing and other fine arts disciplines such as painting and sculpture.
Students who successfully complete the BFA program will possess the following:
- Extensive production experience in both 2D and 3D animation, as well as an area of greater focus that enables students to target a specific sector of the industry according to their interests and abilities.
- Excellent drawing skills, including an understanding of how to maintain and continually enhance their craft throughout their career.
- Strong storytelling abilities, including visual storytelling, literary traditions, story through dialog, story through acting, and cinematic conventions.
- Familiarity with modern studio processes, including the ability to use current tools and software, as well as the ability to learn new software while maintaining a strict production schedule.
- Professional work habits and attitude, including knowing how to utilize and integrate professional criticism into their work.
Some of the roles that BFA graduates have assumed include:
- Props and Environment Modeler
- Texture Artist
- Character Modeler
- 3D Lighting and Camera Designer
- Character Rigger
- Character Animator
- Effects Animator
- Storyboard Artist
- Cinematic Animator
- Conceptual Illustrator
This school offers programs in:
Last updated February 4, 2018