Bring your career dreams to life with Edinboro’s renowned Animation program
The Animation program at Edinboro University is consistently ranked among the best in the country by Animation Career Review. As a student you will have access to everything you need to work in the field of animation, including professional studio/field film and video cameras, lights and sound recording equipment, non-linear video editing systems, animation rostrum stands, a large green screen area, Screendigital scanners, animation line testers, and both 2D and 3D computer animation work stations.
Expert faculty with professional production experience will introduce you to state-of-the-art technology and guide you as you gain hands-on experience in and out of the classroom. You’ll graduate with a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in Animation and you’ll be ready to join other successful alumni working in this exciting, highly competitive field.
There is no portfolio review prior to admission. Just bring your passion for the arts and a desire to work hard in a multidisciplinary, highly supportive environment.
Accomplished faculty instruct, guide and inspire Edinboro students to achieve and lead. EU faculty are recognized for their commitment to student success and creating a personal and engaging academic environment.
Student competitions, gallery exhibitions, and portfolio development help students prepare for life as professional artists. With the knowledge and skills they gained at the EU, graduates enjoy success across the U.S. and around the world.
A Place to Create
Edinboro students thrive in an exciting, artistic environment. Visiting artists provide inspiration, student organizations offer support, and exceptional studio facilities enable them to develop their own personal aesthetic.
Why choose Edinboro?
As a student, you will enjoy unique opportunities, such as:
- State-of-the-art facilities and academic opportunities including 3D software Maya (Industry Standard Software) and 2D Cintiq Lab.
- Internships with local, regional and national production studios provide real-world experience and employment opportunities.
- On-campus visits from alumni and professional animators, directors and storyboard artists give insight into what it’s like to work in the field.
- Animation Club lets you socialize with like-minded students.
- Travel to CTNX Animation expo in Burbank, California, where you will tour high-profile studios such as Disney, DreamWorks, Sony, Warner Bros, Nickelodeon, Universal, and Stoopid Buddy Stoodios.
Roll the credits and see Edinboro alumni.
Our graduates are working at small independent firms like Animal, and large high-profile studios like Disney, Pixar, Blizzard, and Nickelodeon. They are modelers and character designers, animation generalists and visual effect specialists, directors and editors. In short, they find success in every facet of the animation industry. Alumni Josh Earl won an Emmy award for “Deadliest Catch.” Here are just a few other success stories:
- Becky Van Cleve (BFA '06) - Head of Fabrication, Stoopid Buddy Studios
- Dan Becker (BFA '08) - Storyboard Artist, Nickelodeon
- Megan Prazenica (BFA '08) - Animator, South Park Studios
- Jordan Koch (BFA '12) - Director, Nickelodeon
- Matt Sandoval (BFA '14) - Computer Modeling and Texturing, Weta
- Alexander Rocco (BFA '15) - Model Fabricator, Stoopid Buddy Studios
- Charlotte Vevers (BFA '15) - Storyboard Artist, Wind Dancer
- Milo Neuman (BFA '15) - Storyboard Artist, Dreamworks