The Software engineering programme at Xiamen University (XMU), which was introduced in 2002, is supported by the Software School, one of the 35 national exemplary software engineering schools approved by China's Ministry of Education. The school has established joint research and development collaborations with a number of overseas IT enterprises including Microsoft, IBM, BEA, ORACLE, SYBASE, SUN, and DELL.
We have achieved great success in cultivating talents with practical abilities and an international outlook in the field of software engineering since the inception of the programme. We were approved as the "Innovative Area of Talent Training Mode" and "Excellent Engineer Training Programme" by China's Ministry of Education. Moreover, the course Software Engineering has been rated as a top-quality course by XMU, Fujian Province, as well as the Ministry of Education respectively.
Our programme at Xiamen University Malaysia Campus is geared at producing graduates who are able to strike a balance between theories and practical implementation in software engineering, applying their knowledge and skills to design, develop, maintain and manage computer and mobile application systems in the context of a real-world engineering environment.
- A comprehensive curriculum that is designed to cultivate the fundamental technical skills of graduates alongside the freedom to specialize in niche areas of software engineering.
- An emphasis on cultivating interdisciplinary software engineering talents who are capable of meeting challenges in an ever-changing world.
- A problem-based learning approach that incorporates practical/project/training-based elements into the teaching-learning process.
- An opportunity to gain valuable industry exposure and hands-on experience through cooperation with global IT enterprises.
Main Courses Offered
- Computing Mathematics
- Computer Fundamentals
- C and C++ Programming
- Principles of Information Systems
- Data Structure
- Principles of Artificial Intelligence
- Introduction of Software Engineering
- Computer Architecture
- Operating Systems
- Fundamentals of Network Technology
- Software Architecture and Design Patterns
- Algorithm Analysis and Design
- Object-Oriented Modeling
- Human-Computer Interaction
- Software Quality Engineering
- Software Project Management
- Computer Graphics
- Software Verification and Validation
- Embedded System
- Digital Media Technology
- Advanced Software Engineering
- Game Design and Development
- Software Requirement Engineering
- Information Security
- Introduction of Cloud Computing
- Mobile Application System Design
- Distributed Systems
- Data Mining
- Technology and Application of Internet of Things
- Big Data Analytics
- Virtual Reality
Multimedia and telecommunication companies which are involved in application software development, software outsourcing servicing, networking, database management, information security, and software testing.
|STPM||minimum Grade C (NGMP 2.00) in 2 subjects, and pass in SPM or equivalent with credit in Additional Mathematics|
|A level||minimum passes in 2 subjects, and pass in SPM or equivalent with credit in Additional Mathematics|
|SAM||a TER 70 and Grade B in 2 relevant subjects including Mathematics|
|CPU||an average of 70% and pass 6 subjects including Mathematics|
|Diploma||A pass in Diploma with at least CGPA 2.0 out of 4.0|
|UEC||at least Grade B in 5 subjects, including Advanced Mathematics|
|Foundation/Matriculation/Program Asasi||at least CGPA 2.0 in the relevant field, and credit in Additional Mathematics in SPM or equivalent|
pass in Diploma in Computer Science/Information System/Information Technology/Software Engineering or equivalent with a minimum CGPA 2.5*, and credit in Additional Mathematics in SPM or equivalent
a minimum CGPA of 2.5, and credit in Additional Mathematics in SPM or equivalent
*Note: Applicant with CGPA of less than 2.5 but more than 2.0 may be accepted subject to a stringent internal evaluation process.
About the School
Xiamen University Malaysia (XMUM) is the first overseas campus set up by a renowned Chinese university and the first Chinese university branch campus in Malaysia. Located in the vicinity of Bandar Kot ... Read More