University of Canberra has an array of Scholarships Available for International Students.
Engineer your perfect career in computing
Integrating the fields of network engineering, software engineering, electronics and information technology, this four-year honours degree will see you expanding your networking skills and delving into a wide range of specialised subject areas accredited by both Engineers Australia and the Australian Computer Society (ACS).
Packed with Work Integrated Learning (WIL) opportunities, you will have the chance to complete both an industry-oriented engineering project and a professional internship. These experiences will give you a thorough and accurate overview of the information and telecommunications industry, and you will graduate with the full breadth of work-ready skills needed for successful employment in the field, whether nationally or internationally.
Study a Bachelor of Engineering in Network and Software Engineering (Honours) at UC and you will:
- acquire in-depth knowledge and skills on the design, development and implementation of a range of software-based systems over a variety of communication network infrastructures
- gain technical skills in data communications and networking, mobile and wireless communications, network security, and networked applications and services relating to cloud computing, big data and multimedia
- design, implement and operate communication networks and their associated services and applications
- apply cross-cutting skills to the design and management of networked projects in a wide range of sectors.
Work Integrated Learning
UC prides itself on fostering close industry connections, with the course content reviewed annually by our Course Advisory Group, made up of a panel of industry experts, and collaborations with industry partners who can provide you with internship positions and training opportunities.
You will undertake a minimum of 12 weeks of professional work placement as part of the faculty’s commitment to Work Integrated Learning (WIL), which will enhance your employability and ensure you are armed with the right mix of skills and knowledge to take a confident leap into your future career. Previous students have undertaken internships with companies including Intelledox, Omni Executive, Pursuit Technology, Qirx, Fujitsu Australia, Birdsnest, Agsafe, ThoughtPatterns Consulting, ESKAPEE, HydroAlgorithmics, ALLBIDS, VerveEd.com, Emanate Technology, Xero Australia and the Australian Taxation Office.
In your final year, you will complete a capstone research project, producing and implementing an engineering solution for a local business, government or community organisation.
- ICT consultant
- Database administrator
- Cyber security specialist/forensics
- Artificial intelligence/machine learning engineer
- Software engineer
- Games developer
- IT test engineer
- Robotics specialist
- System administrator
- Network administrator/engineer
This course is fully accredited by Engineers Australia at Professional Engineer level, and also at Professional level by the Australian Computer Society.
Applicants must meet normal University requirements for admission to an undergraduate course or hold qualifications deemed to be equivalent by the University's Admissions Committee.
English Language Requirements
Academic IELTS of 6.0 or equivalent, with no band score below 6.0