Modern businesses rely heavily on web-based promotion for their goods and services. At the same time, there is nothing more resourceful than web and mobile applications for data acquisition. Well-designed websites and mobile apps play nowadays a key role in enhancing the reach of products and services.
You start specializing in your 3rd semester by focusing on acquiring programming skills in web and mobile technologies. Your concentration will include courses in object-oriented programming, web-based and mobile applications as well as design patterns or software testing and quality control, etc. After completion of the 4th semester, you are ready to work in the IT industry.
During your last three semesters, you will work on your project to design and develop a fully professional mobile or web application.
- Type of program: traditional, full-time, campus-based.
- Students are required to complete three expert modules with a capstone (practical) project course for each of them: Designing a Professional Mobile or Web Application, Programming a Professional Mobile or Web Application, Documentation and Servicing of a Professional Mobile or Web Application.
- Required diploma project: engineering thesis for the bachelor of engineering degree, with defense.
- Internship: 24 weeks (480 hours) (24 ECTS).
- Program duration: 3.5 years (7 semesters).
- Total ECTS credits required for completion: 212.
Kelly Sikkema / Unsplash
- Front End Development
- Back End Development
- Full-Stack Development
- IT Project Management
- User Experience (UX)
- Project Team Management
- Digital Marketing
- Innovative Design
Microsoft and Cisco certification
As part of your curriculum, you will take many courses based entirely on Microsoft’s (Imagine Academy) CISCO's (Cisco Academy) recognizable and appreciated all over the world commercial courses.
- You'll get one exam voucher a month free of charge for MOS and MTA examinations.
- If you are ambitious, your instructors will prepare you to take professional-level MCSA, MCSE and MCSD exams, for which you will receive an attractive discount.
- You will be able to take Microsoft exams on campus, as WSEI is a certified examination center for Microsoft and CISCO exams (Certiport and Pearson VUE).
Please note that not all certificates may apply to your selected degree program.
Expert modules within the program
You need to complete at least one module.
- Front End Development (20 ECTS)
- Back End Development (15 ECTS)
- IT Project Management (14 ECTS)
Supplementary experts modules
- Controlling for Specialists (20 ECTS)
Select this module to pursue one of the following additional concentrations:
- innovative Design
- Personnel Management
- Business Psychology
- Digital Marketing 1
There are plenty of advantages for students, ex. numerous workshops, classes in computer labs or Microsoft certification programs. Moreover, there are practice-oriented modules and valuable partnerships with leading companies.
Tomasz Czapran, Ph. D.
Major career opportunities
- Front End Developer
- Back End Developer
- Full-Stack Developer
- IT Project Manager
- SCRUM Master
- Quality Assurance Specialist
- User Experience (UX) Specialist
- Project Team Leader
- Digital Marketing Specialist
- Innovative Solutions Project Manager
Student learning outcomes
- be engaged in real-life projects for our industry partners, respectable companies from the IT and other sectors,
- become proficient in Microsoft’s development and server environments,
- build the application in Visual Studio using the TFS code repository,
- perform code testing (including unit tests) and functional tests,
- prepare the application’s technical documentation,
- develop the application’s specifications addressing end users’ expectations, and come up with the functional design,
- create a portfolio of real-life IT solutions upon graduation which will make you confident as a professional and to make your CV stand out,
- get an opportunity to develop and commercialize your innovative sellable idea with the technical, organizational and financial support of our dedicated Technology Park.
About the School
College of Economics and Computer Science or WSEI was founded in 2000, and on this day the college was entered into the register of non-state institutions of higher education. WSEI’s initiator and fou ... Read More