Already for 18 years, Riga International School of Economics and Business Administration offers its students contemporary and high-quality education. RISEBA is the place where “BUSINESS MEETS ART”.
As from the year 2011, RISEBA offers a unique, international architecture study programme in English.
The best educational standards of the architecture of the USA and Europe are integrated into the new architectural study programme of RISEBA. By establishing a new course of architecture studies RISEBA is taking the next step in order to accomplish its mission: to become “the gateway to international careers!”
Advantages of the programme
- international study environment;
- the possibility to thoroughly master the English language;
- studying abroad for one semester within ERASMUS programme;
- study practice abroad;
- academic staff with international experience;
- library, computer classrooms, specialized computer programs, equipped design studios and modeling workshops;
- variety of courses of students' choice.
The Studies on six fields of concentration:
- Architectural Design;
- Fine Art;
- Building Technology and Science;
- Project Management, Economics and law;
- City Planning;
- History and Theory of Architecture;
- Humanities and Social Subjects;
- Bachelor Thesis.
Architecture students are invited and encouraged to compose their curriculum by choosing additional courses also from other Creative and Business faculties.
The curriculum aims to integrate the knowledge of all these diverse, yet complementing domains. The main aspiration is to provide students with the ability of analytical thinking and problem solving: granting the knowledge, intellectual capacity and practical skills of interrelating apparently separate domains of the architectural realm of theory and practice.
The successive years of the curriculum built upon one another in Architectural Design studies. Each academic year, the curriculum aims to explore consequently more complex issues and scales of design problems as such:
- Principles of design
- Private space and dwelling
- Public space and place-making
- Urban space and urban regeneration
Entrance requirements for EU citizens
- centralized exams in English and Mathematics*;
- entrance examination in drawing/spatial modeling;
- interview and work portfolio (documentation of the previously performed works reflecting person’s individuality, creativity and capacity for work, in any field and techniques (photo, cinema, music, dance, computer graphics, multimedia, design, installations etc.)***.
*For those who have obtained secondary education until 2004, certificates of the centralized exams are not necessary. If a person has not passed the centralized exams, RISEBA additionally organizes entrance examinations in English and Mathematics.
**Application process usually opens in June. Please follow the information on our web site not to miss the application dates.
Entrance requirements for non-EU citizens
Step 1: Candidate should submit following documents:
- Candidate should submit his/her portfolio of creative work (drawings, paintings etc) reflecting the true interests and passion of the candidate. Please send it as a PDF document not exceeding 5 MB.
- A motivation letter in English.
- CV in English
- Copies of the diplomas from previous education
Step 2: If necessary, there will be also a Skype lecture scheduled for the interview with the candidate. (optional)
Step 3: The board of the faculty will review all the portfolios and send acceptance or refusal letter to the candidate not later than in 2 weeks time.
Program taught in: