- To produce graduates with the necessary skills and attributes to take roles within the industry as Professional Engineers, and provide the educational basis to facilitate progression to Chartered Status.
- To produce graduates who can apply fundamental scientific principles and mathematical and computational techniques to realise creative and innovative solutions to engineering problems.
- To equip students with an awareness of engineering in the wider social, ethical, sustainable and economic context.
- To provide wide opportunities for access, personal and professional development, consistent with Professional Body requirements.
Graduates of this course have enjoyed a wide range of employment opportunities with major national and international companies including ICI, Rolls Royce, British Aerospace, BAE Systems and Shell (UK). Engineers are in high demand worldwide, with UK Government emphasising the importance of skilled, qualified engineers to the future of business and industry.
The skills provided by a mechanical engineering degree set you up for roles in all areas of engineering, but the numerical content of the course also allows entry into finance and management careers.
- Aerospace engineer
- Automotive engineer
- Contracting civil engineer
- Control and instrumentation engineer
- Maintenance engineer
- Mechanical engineer
- Mining engineer
- Production manager
- Technical sales engineer
- Water engineer
Applicants must be of age 18 and above, and possess one of the following:
- International Baccalaureate Diploma with minimum 27 points including Mathematics and an analytical science subject at higher level
- STPM (Malaysia) with Maths and Science subject (With at least B B C)
- Diploma in relevant Engineering discipline accredited by MQA (Malaysia)
- Higher Secondary School Certificates (HSSC Year 12) (India) CBSE or ICSE: overall score at least 65%)
- Diploma in relevant Engineering Discipline (India)
- Higher Secondary School Certificates (HSSC Year 12) (Pakistan) with at least 75% or more in Senior High School Certificate
- Diploma in relevant Engineering Discipline (Pakistan) with 54.5% or 2.5CB from Bachelor’s degree if studied for between 2 and 3 years
Tot Nghiep Pho Thong Trung Hoc (Year 12) (Vietnam) minimum 8.0
Junior College Diploma/Associate Degree (Korea) with C+/2.5/75*79%
Certificate of Secondary Education and an acceptable grade from a recognised Foundation programme (Russia) (i.e. Average of 4 in Certificate of Secondary Education and all Bs in Foundation Programme)
Other recognised equivalent may be assessed by the University on a case-by-case basis
About the School
The Management Development Institute of Singapore (MDIS), founded in 1956, is Singapore’s oldest not-for-profit professional institute for lifelong learning. MDIS has two main subsidiaries: Management ... Read More