- Engineering Accreditation Council (EAC)
- Malaysian Qualification Agency (MQA)
Intake: January / June / August
Duration: 4 years
- Foundation in Science from UNISEL / Matriculation Certificate in Physical Science from Ministry of Education / Private Institution with at least CGPA 2.00; or
- Diploma in Engineering / Science / Technology or equivalent from UNISEL or Public / Private Institution with at least CGPA 2.00; or
- STPM or equivalent with at least 3 principals inclusive of Mathematics and Science.
- Other qualification that organized by Malaysian Government
- Preferred candidates with Malaysia University English Test (MUET) certificate, if not students are compulsory to sit for MUET test while studying at UNISEL;
- STAM- candidates passed with grade JAYYID and passed in Bahasa Melayu / Bahasa Malaysia (SPM level)
- Australian Senior Secondary Qualification
Passed in South Australian Certificate Education (SACE) with minimum 50 marks in 5 subjects
West Australian Certificate of Education (WACE) with minimum grade C;
New South Wales Higher School Certificate (NSWHSC) with minimum 60 marks (BAND 3); or
Other qualifications recognized by the Australian States itself
Canadian International Programme (CIMP) / International Canadian Pre University Programme (ICPU)
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) with minimum 60% marks in 6 subjects; or
- Others qualification Grade 12 that recognized by countries / states itself
Mechanical Engineering discipline was firstly developed from the application of physics and materials science principles. The generation and application of Heat Transfer, Mechanical Design, Manufacturing and Production, Machine Tools, and Applied Mechanics are the branches of the field.
The field requires various cores of mechanical engineering areas which are mechanics, kinematics, thermodynamics, fluid mechanics, heat transfer, materials science, machine design, and energy. Mechanical engineers apply the core principles of the knowledge in designing and analyzing manufacturing systems, industrial equipment’s and machinery, heating and cooling systems, motor vehicles, aircraft, watercraft, robotics, medical devices and many more.
The Mechanical Engineering curriculum is designed to provide graduates with a theoretical foundation as well as design experience in the area of thermo-fluid, mechanical design, manufacturing, materials and applied mechanics. The fundamental aspect of these core foundations is achieved in the First and Second Year of study and enable students to utilize them in the design courses and develop their design knowledge and skills. The students are also required to undergo Industrial Training in the Third Year of their studies during the short semester. The industrial placement accords students with competitive experiences before entering the job market. This training also provides exposure to the business environment, teamwork, and other positive attitudes as well as other transferable knowledge and skills. The industrial exposure also opens up their minds to the industrial environment to bring back into the classrooms with numerous potentials in their career choice. In the Fourth Year, students are allowed to select 4 elective courses in areas where their particular interests have developed. The areas are Thermo-fluids, Materials and Design and Manufacturing System. Students are also required to undertake Final Year Project within two semesters during the Fourth Year.
About the School
Universiti Selangor (UNISEL), formerly known as Universiti Industri Selangor was established on 23 August 1999. Currently operating at two campuses; the sprawling 1000-acre Main Campus in Bestari