The programme aims to produce graduates who can:
- Apply key mechanical engineering concepts and design skills in the modern engineering environment.
- Innovate and be creative in the design of new mechanical products, devices or components.
- Conduct experimental work and generate appropriate data to evaluate concepts and deepen understanding.
- Draw upon a broad knowledge of engineering business practice and integrate design in a business context.
It is anticipated that students graduating from this programme will be able to take up a range of engineering roles and make immediate and valuable contributions to engineering businesses.
The modules will be assessed either by coursework, examinations or a combination of both appropriate to the module objectives.
As a graduate from this course, you will probably be looking for managerial roles in the design and industrial engineering industry. Alternatively, you may choose to use your project management skills in the technology industry or build on the entrepreneurial part of the course to set up your own business.
- Design for “X”
- Digital Product Design and Analysis
- Project Management & Professional Development
- Design Engineering Project
Applicants must be of age 18 and above and meet at least one of the following requirements:
- Relevant diploma from polytechnics in Singapore
- HND in Mechanical Engineering
- Recognised equivalent
About the School
The Management Development Institute of Singapore (MDIS), founded in 1956, is Singapore’s oldest not-for-profit professional institute for lifelong learning. MDIS has two main subsidiaries: Management ... Read More