The Department of Physical Education at UAEU is committed to preparing students as successful teachers of health and physical education for all grades (K-12). Through their training in this program, students will make a valuable contribution to their society by serving as role models and lifestyle educators. Students will develop many competencies in a variety of movement skills, and in physical fitness as well as being capable of analyzing, synthesizing, and applying scientific knowledge to the practice of health and physical education. The Bachelor of Education in Health and Physical Education (HPE) at United Arab Emirates University can achieve this by enhancing the knowledge, skills, and dispositions of undergraduate HPE students.
- Teachers who possess and apply scientific knowledge in their area of specialization.
- Highly-qualified HPE teachers to meet both the Ministry of Education and Abu-Dhabi Education Council needs and requirements.
- HPE graduates who actively participate in various community health and physical activity programs.
- HPE teachers who can serve as role models and demonstrate knowledge of health, physical education, and wellness.
- Teachers who enthusiastically develop and execute research using various assessment methods that are technology-based to effectively measure and investigate the health and wellness of individuals and society.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Recognizing and locating major concepts, theories, and research in the field of HPE (ILOs 3 and 1, CF 2, NASPE Standard 1, and AAHE 1).
- Understanding the structure and functions of body systems during physical exercise (ILO 1, CF 2, NASPE Standard 1, and AAHE 1).
- Critically analyzing various technology applications in HPE settings to enhance teaching, learning, and professional growth (ILO 5, CF 7).
- Using various assessment techniques in HPE settings and research. (ILOs 2, 4, Skill: QFE).
- Demonstrating competence in physical fitness and movement skills which can be effectively utilized in teaching (ILO 1, CF 5, and NASPE Standard 3).
- Recognizing individuals with different abilities and understanding the impact of such differences in teaching and learning (ILO 1, CF 3, NASPE Standard 3, and AAHE 4).
- Collaborating and communicating effectively with peers and students in school and community settings (ILO 6, CF 6, NASPE Standard 3 Advanced, and AAHE 7 & 8).
- Developing creative and effective approaches to manage HPE classroom settings (ILO 5, CF 8, NASPE Standard 6, and AAHE 8).
About the School
The United Arab Emirates University (UAEU) is a comprehensive, research-intensive university enrolling approximately 13,900 students, with more than 900 faculty and 65,000 alumni holding key positions ... Read More