The Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood/Primary)(Birth – 12 Years) degree is designed to provide Early Childhood qualifications in the context of Christian values. This degree not only prepares students to enter the teaching profession in an early childhood center, preschool or infant school but also prepares students to be responsible and ethical leaders in an age where children need positive Christian role models.
Four years full-time or equivalent part-time
Mode of Delivery
- On campus (Lake Macquarie)
- Distance Education
The Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood/Primary)(Birth – 12 Years) degree is accredited by the Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency (TEQSA), the Board of Studies, Teaching and Education Standards (BOSTES), and the Australian Children’s Education & Care Quality Authority(ACECQA).
The CRICOS registration number for the Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood/Primary)(Birth – 12 Years) degree is: 083264M
English Language Proficiency Requirement for Teachers in NSW
International students require an International English Language Test Score (IELTS) of at least 8.0 for speaking and listening prior to being employed as graduate teachers in New South Wales.
Graduates of the Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood/Primary)(Birth – 12 Years) course can seek employment in the following areas:
- Long day care centers as room leaders, early childhood center supervisors, and authorized supervisors (after one year of teaching experience)
- Teaching in state government pre-schools
- Teaching in pre-kindergarten school settings
- Infant teaching (kindergarten–year 2) in school settings
- Postgraduate study will lead teachers into Early Intervention and Special Education environments
About the School
Avondale College of Higher Education is a not-for-profit private higher education provider established by the Seventh-day Adventist Church in 1897. Its mission is to foster a Christian learning commun ... Read More