This programme is aimed at providing students with a wide range of knowledge, concepts and applications of information and communication technology to develop problem-solving skills using Information and Communication Technology (ICT). It also provides students with opportunities to appreciate the impact of ICT on knowledge-based society and equips students with pedagogical knowledge, subject knowledge, values, skills and practice essential to teach ICT.
On completion of the programme, students are expected to be able to:
- demonstrate an understanding of basic concepts in major areas of ICT and use a range of application software to support information processing and problem-solving;
- demonstrate an understanding of methods for analysing problems, and planning and implementing solutions using ICT;
- realise the social, ethical and legal issues pertaining to the use of ICT and appreciate how information literacy and the sharing of knowledge using ICT influence decision-making and shape our society; and
- learn to connect ICT knowledge to the teaching of ICT and develop approaches to help students to learn ICT in exciting and effective ways.
||Credit points (cps)
|Major (including an Interdisciplinary Course and Research Methods)
- Education Studies Core (Generic)
- Pedagogy for Major
|Final Year Project (Honours Project / Capstone Project)
|Electives (including Free Electives, Minor or Second Major)
Note: Classes will be held in Tai Po Campus and Tseung Kwan O Study Centre / Kowloon Tong Satellite Study Centre / Sports Centre as decided by the University.
Career Prospects/Professional Qualifications
Their in-depth academic and professional knowledge confer graduates of the programme with excellent career prospects. They will possess a Qualified Teacher Status in Hong Kong and are ready to become fully qualified teachers in local secondary schools. In addition to the professional teaching career, graduates will possess the academic knowledge and intellectual skills to embark on a wide variety of other relevant jobs in the government sector, non-government organizations, commercial organizations, publishing sector, etc.
Program taught in: