The programme aims at training pre-service teachers who will be able to teach Geography curriculum in secondary schools.
On successful completion of the programme, students will be able to:
- demonstrate a solid understanding and command of geographical concepts and theories and apply the knowledge to solve geographical problems in the local, regional and global contexts with the complex human-physical interface;
- develop learning capability to be a competent and effective learner and teacher in a dynamic and an ever-changing society;
- apply critical thinking to analyze the geographical and environmental issues that address the relationship between land, nature and people in the physical and human environments;
- demonstrate the pedagogical literacy and competency required for the development and implementation of the curriculum in secondary schools; and
- develop essential abilities to plan, execute, report on fieldwork and geographical research with the skills of data analysis, Geographic Information System, remote sensing and field studies.
||Credit Points (cps0)
|Major (including an Interdisciplinary Course and Research Methods)
- Education Studies Core (Generic)
- Pedagogy for Major
|Final Year Project (Honours Project / Capstone Project)
|Electives (including Free Electives, Minor or Second Minor)
Note: Classes will be held in Tai Po Campus and Tseung Kwan O Study Centre / Kowloon Tong Satellite Study Centre / Sports Centre as decided by the University.
Career Prospects/Professional Qualifications
In-depth academic and professional knowledge confer graduates of the programme with excellent career prospects. They will possess a Qualified Teacher Status in Hong Kong and are ready to become fully qualified teachers in local secondary schools. In addition to the professional teaching career, graduates will possess the academic knowledge and intellectual skills to embark on a wide variety of other relevant jobs in the government sector, green non-government organizations, commercial organizations, environmental consultancies, etc.