This programme aims to nurture outstanding early childhood educators who:
- are competent and creative professionals;
- demonstrate the knowledge, understanding and disposition required to design, implement and assess quality programmes for children from 0 to 8 years of age;
- can work collaboratively with pupils, parents, colleagues, school administrators and other professionals;
- are committed to lifelong learning; and
- have a passion for excellence and are committed to the creative improvement of early childhood care and education in Hong Kong.
- The Programme emphasises the integration of subject knowledge, professional knowledge and practical abilities.
- Partnerships with early childhood education institutions to strengthen theory-practice connections through field experience.
- Graduates of this Programme who successfully complete the specified courses in the Minor in Specialized Themes in Early Years Education will be considered as having acquired training on the One-year In-service Course in Special Child Care Work, recognised by the Social Welfare Department.
- Graduates of this Programme who successfully complete the Minor in Teaching and Learning in International Schools can earn the International Baccalaureate (IB) Certificate in Teaching and Learning.
|Domain||Credit Points (cps)|
|Final Year Project||3 cps|
|Electives (8 courses) / Minor/ Second Major||24 cps|
Language Enhancement programmes in Chinese, English and Putonghua
Note: Classes will be held in Tai Po Campus and Tseung Kwan O Study Centre / Kowloon Tong Satellite Study Centre / Sports Centre as decided by the University.
Career Prospects/Professional Qualifications
Graduates of the programme:
- will be qualified for registration with the Education Bureau / Social Welfare Department to teach in licensed early childhood settings in Hong Kong;
- will possess the degree-level professional qualification that is in great demand in the early childhood education sector;
- will have the ability to work competently in a broad range of positions that involve working with children and families; and
- may teach in early childhood settings overseas, subject to the registration requirements of the relevant local authorities.
About the School
The Education University of Hong Kong is a publicly funded tertiary institution dedicated to the advancement of teaching and learning, through a diverse offering of academic and research programmes on ... Read More