The programme aims at training pre-service teachers who will be able to teach Business, Accounting and Financial Studies [BAFS] curriculum in the secondary schools.
On completion of the programme, students are expected to be able to:
- demonstrate a solid understanding of business and business-related disciplinary concepts and theories from an entrepreneurial perspective;
- apply business and business-related knowledge and skills to solve business problems in a responsible, creative and innovative manner;
- integrate business and business-related concepts, theories and approaches to form ethical decision-making;
- critically examine the contemporary issues in a business environment and technological advancement from global and multi-cultural perspectives;
- conduct systematic research to evaluate local, regional and global contemporary business and business education issues;
- display competent teaching and professionalism for quality business education provision in schools and beyond.
||Credit Points (cps)
|Major (including an Interdisciplinary Course and Research Methods)
- Education Studies Core (Generic)
- Pedagogy for Major
|Final Year Project (Honours Project / Capstone Project)
|Electives (including Free Electives, Minor or Second Major)
Note: Classes will be held in Tai Po Campus and Tseung Kwan O Study Centre / Kowloon Tong Satellite Study Centre / Sports Centre as decided by the University.
Career Prospects/Professional Qualifications
Their in-depth academic and professional knowledge confer graduates of the programme with excellent career prospects. They will possess a Registered Teacher Status in Hong Kong and are ready to become fully qualified teachers in local secondary schools. In addition to the professional teaching career, graduates will possess the academic knowledge and intellectual skills to embark on a wide variety of other relevant jobs in the government sector, non-government organizations, commercial organizations, publishing sector, etc.
Program taught in: