Interior designers have the power to inform, reform and play a vital role in shaping the society and the built environment. The Interior Design Program explores design and tells stories about the human environment and different inhabited spaces. The impact designers have on economies and communities helps the public to develop a greater understanding of the role of the designer.
The Program exposes students to the multifaceted, vital, and fundamental perspectives of the world of Interior Design. Students work on a range of live projects as well as on small to large-scale proposals for residential, hospitality, commercial, and retail design. The Program also emphasizes collaborative and innovative design solutions for future environments. Our vision is that students use their skills, abilities, and full potential to narrate stories to create engaging, functional and aesthetic interiors.
Our graduates are employed in many different Design fields. Having an effective network of alumnae across the world who work in the industry and who offer advice to our graduates, the Interior Design Program prides itself in the quick employability of its graduates.
To graduate professionals and entrepreneurs equipped with the necessary skills and knowledge in the field of interior design who are capable of producing creative and sensible design.
Why Choose Interior Design Program at Dar Al-Hekma University?
The Interior Design Program at Dar AL- Hekma is a distinguished program because it:
- Fills the need of the industry with qualified and creative graduates.
- Is acclaimed by national and international evaluators.
- Has international faculty, and a rich multicultural and diverse environment.
- Has studio-based learning blended with theory and the latest trends and issues in interior design to foster students’ creativity and critical thinking.
- Encourages research exploration through courses and involvement in research forums.
- Provides its students with practical and field experiences in the industry.
- Has advanced computing facilities and equipment: Windows stations, plotters, and printers.
- Supplies its students with rich resources: materials, journals, books, and databases.
- Affords students with local and international exposure through departmental exhibitions, internship training, industry guest speakers, participation in local and international interior design expositions and competitions, international trips, and a design symposium every two years.
The Program equips students with the necessary skills that qualify them for a variety of career paths/jobs in the market including, but not limited to:
- Academician Interior Design, Kitchen & Bathroom Design
- Residential Design
- Commercial Design
- Exhibition Design
- Hospitality and Entertainment Design
- Medical and Educational Design
- Office Design
- Lighting Design
- Colour Consultant
- Furniture Design
- Textile Design
- CAD Operators
- Para Design Occupations: film, fashion, theatre, public relations, marketing, journalism
- Event Planner
About the School
Located in the heart of the metropolitan city of Jeddah, Dar Al-Hekma is one of Saudi Arabia's leading teaching and research universities for young women. Since its opening in 1999, Dar Al-Hekma is de ... Read More