The Bachelor of Design Arts (Filmmaking & Photography) applies a holistic approach to the creative field of Design from the perspective of visual narrative. Commencing with still images and photography, you will learn the practical components of digital photography in studio and location environments and develop a strong foundation in digital workflow and image correction and composite photography. You will expand your creativity by migrating to moving image and filmmaking; working with actors, producing live action narrative based short films, and gaining an insight into digital visual effects and animation.
- Understand how imagery is developed using the latest digital technologies and workflow processes
- Refine raw ideas, develop narrative and understand genre, and recognize and develop creative strengths.
- Skills in image composition for both photography and filmmaking.
- Build industry contacts via professional placement and international exchange opportunities
- Enhance creative skills via a sub-major from either the Graphic & Digital Design stream or one of the other creative disciplines.
MAJOR STUDY UNITS
- Digital Photography
- Composite Photography
- Digital Post Production
- Visual Storytelling with Moving Image
- Portfolio Photography
- Industry Practice in the Digital Arena
- Industry Practice for the Creative Practitioner
To be considered for admission, applicants are generally required to have successfully completed their VCE or equivalent. Mature-aged applicants who have attained sufficient industry experience will also be considered. If you are a domestic student aged under 18 you can enrol at LCI Melbourne but you will need your parent or guardian's consent. Unfortunately we are unable to enrol international students under the age of 18.
The Bachelor of Design Arts can be completed over 3 years full-time (10 units per academic year) or 2 years fast-tracked full-time (15 units per academic year). Part-time study is also available. An academic year is divided into three twelve week study periods, called ‘trimesters’.
CLASS SIZE & FACILITIES
- Small classes. Generally no more than 18.
- State of the art facilities, including industry-standard production and post-production and equipment.
PROSPECTIVE STUDENT PROFILE
- Creative students
- Excellent communication skills
- Innovative thinker
An LCI Melbourne Bachelor of Design Arts (Filmmaking & Photography) may lead to a future career as a: Commercial Photographer, Social Media Content Creator, Director, Cinematographer, Filmmaker, Freelance Film Crew Member, Photography Assistant, Editor, VFX Supervisor or Animator.
Bachelor of Design Arts (Filmmaking & Photography)
During Orientation the Academy will provide you with a detailed list of the required materials for the program.
BE A STUDENT FOR A DAY
Come spend the day with our students and teachers! This is a unique opportunity to help you make a better choice. It’s free of charge and with no future obligations.