If you have a creative eye for detail, our Filmmaking & Photography program will provide a focus for you to explore interests in both still and motion photo imagery. Covering both historical and contemporary photographic and filmmaking methods, the program provides a springboard for you to produce creative and innovative visuals. Imagery is developed using the latest digital technologies and workflow processes, allowing you to merge your ideas and skills to complete your concepts with finesse and critical expertise. This knowledge base will give you the flexibility to progress your career, from traditional forms of photo media to newer models, in a variety of employment opportunities, either freelance or within a studio.
- Understand how imagery is developed using the latest digital technologies and workflow processes
- Refine raw ideas, develop narrative and understand genre, and recognize and develop creative strengths.
- Skills in image composition for both photography and filmmaking.
- Build industry contacts via professional placement and international exchange opportunities
- Enhance creative skills via a sub-major from either the Graphic & Digital Design stream or one of the other creative disciplines.
To be considered for admission, applicants are generally required to have successfully completed their V.C.E. or equivalent. Mature-aged applicants who have attained sufficient industry experience will also be considered.
The Bachelor of Design Arts is completed over 3 years or part-time equivalent. The course consists of five credit-bearing units of study per semester. 15-17 contact hours per week. 16 week semesters.
CLASS SIZE & FACILITIES
Small classes. Generally no more than 18. State of the art facilities, including industry-standard production and post-production and equipment.
PROSPECTIVE STUDENT PROFILE
- Creative students
- Excellent communication skills
- Innovative thinker
This knowledge base will give you the flexibility to progress your career, from traditional forms of photo media to newer models, in a variety of employment opportunities, either freelance or within a studio.
Bachelor of Design Arts
BE A STUDENT FOR A DAY
Come spend the day with our students and teachers! This is a unique opportunity to help you make a better choice. It’s free of charge and with no future obligations.
During Orientation the Academy will provide you with a detailed list of the required materials for the program.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated November 19, 2017