Our Communication Design program opens up a world of opportunities. Focussed on creative solutions for clients and their brands, you will develop a deep and strategic understanding of consumer behavior and the motivations and emotions surrounding a brand’s engagement. You’ll refine planning and craft skills, such as art direction and copywrite, and develop your ability to conceptualize and manage a campaign, from brief to channel delivery.
Your student experience will be further enriched via agency engagement and industry mentoring. As an Academy graduate with a major in Communication Design you can capitalize on the mobility and global opportunities the advertising industry now offers, and look forward to professional roles such as creative director, branding consultant, finished artist, PR agent, trend analyst or visual merchandiser.
- Identify and develop creative solutions for clients and their brands.
- Develop a deep and strategic understanding of consumer behavior and the motivations and emotion surrounding brand engagement.
- Expand and refine planning and craft skills, such as art direction and copywriting.
- Ability to conceptualize and manage a campaign, from brief to channel delivery.
- Exposure to agency engagement and industry mentoring.
- Build industry contacts via professional placement and international exchange opportunities
- Enhance creative skills via a sub-major from either the Graphic & Digital Design stream or one of the other creative disciplines.
MAJOR STUDY UNITS
- Media strategy principles
- Brand strategy and development
- Digital Strategy Basics
- Production Pragmatics
- Communication Essentials
- Big ideas Generation
- Ideas generation masterclass
- Multimedia & TV Production
To be considered for admission, applicants are generally required to have successfully completed their VCE or equivalent. Mature-aged applicants who have attained sufficient industry experience will also be considered.
PROSPECTIVE STUDENT PROFILE
- Creative students
- Excellent communication skills
- Interest in how emotion influences human behavior
- Innovative thinker
After you graduate, you will bring your talents to a web and multimedia applications production company and collaborate with people within the industry such as artistic directors, designers, programmers or with an advertising agency, the marketing team of a company or even a government agency.
CLASS SIZE & FACILITIES
- Small classes. Generally no more than 18.
- State of the art facilities, including industry-standard computing equipment and software.
Bachelor of Design Arts
During Orientation the Academy will provide you with a detailed list of the required materials for the program.
The Bachelor of Design Arts is completed over 3 years or part-time equivalent. The course consists of five credit-bearing units of study per semester. 15-17 hours per week. 16 week semesters.
80% project work (including practical work, essays, presentations and group assignments) and 20% test.
BE A STUDENT FOR A DAY
Come spend the day with our students and teachers! This is a unique opportunity to help you make a better choice. It’s free of charge and with no future obligations.
About the School
LCI Melbourne, formerly known as the Academy of Design Australia, is a government-approved degree-awarding higher education institution educating students to become adaptable and creative thinkers