Bachelor of Design (Industrial & Product Design)
Industrial and Product Designers create new products that enable people to live better lives, stimulate business and contribute to the upkeep of welfare of communities. Through immersion in materials, fabrication processes, aesthetic consideration, and proactive social engagement, the Industrial & Product Design program cultivates the essential intellectual know-how and technical skills students need to explore the growing roles of a professional product designer. Students learn about a variety of core aspects including user-centered design, technological and material innovation, inclusive design principles, ethnographic research, culturally specific methodologies, industry-sponsored product development, architectural and virtual interfaces, mass-market product design, and design for the public realm.
Students master the fundamentals of computers, machinery, and tools while learning a variety of research and presentation techniques. The design programme’s interdisciplinary mode of inquiry examines Industrial & Product Design from social, cultural, historical, and economic perspectives, inculcating in the students an appreciation of the inter-relationality of the design and the larger world.
- Sr. Secondary (10+2) with 50% marks
- Proficiency in English communication
- NATA qualified students shall be preferred
Career and Placement
Once you complete the Bachelors of Design course with a concentration in Industrial & Product Design you could be a: Package Designer, Product Designer, Automobile Designer, Industrial Machines and Tool Designer, Signage Designer, Prop Designer, Exhibition Designer.
Graduates from the Industrial & Product Design specialization could look to work with institutions like TATA Motors, Maruti Suzuki, Ford, Chevrolet, Toyota, Honda, Phillips, Samsung, Nokia, Sony, Logitech, Apple, Siemens, Bosch, Whirlpool, Dell, IBM, Google, DMRC, Compaq, HP.
Guidelines for Admissions
- Pre-qualification examination criteria for the Under Graduate programmes is Class 12th from any of the recognized boards of India. For foreign nationals, the pre-qualification for the Under Graduate programmes is a certificate equivalent to Class 12th examination of the country and meeting the equivalence criteria of ‘Association of Indian University’.
- Pre-qualification criteria for the Post Graduate programmes is graduation from any recognized university in India. For foreign nationals, the pre-qualification criteria for the Post Graduate programmes is degree awarded by a University in a particular country and meeting the equivalence criteria of ‘Association of Indian Universities’.
- Applicants who have appeared for their final year graduation examinations in the year 2015 may also apply for admission to Post Graduate programme.
- The University reserves its rights to judge the capability of a candidate through GD/PI before final admission.
- TOEFL/IELTS is compulsory for foreign nationals who do not have English as the primary language in teaching and examination.
- To qualify for admission in Sharda University in its Under Graduate programme, the applicants must complete 17 years of age on 31st December of the academic year in which they are seeking admission.
About the School
Sharda University is established through UP State Act in 2009 and approved by University Grants Commission of India (UGC). It is situated in Greater Noida, Delhi NCR, 27 km from New Delhi, spread over ... Read More