Bachelor of Design (Fashion Design)
The students of the Fashion Design concentration are trained to become creative individuals who are able to combine conceptual and technical skills to create a wide Variety of goods for this emerging industry from garments to jewelry, from shoes to handbags. Following their Foundation Year, Fashion Design students begin concentrating on the core aspects of their discipline. They study sewing, draping, and patternmaking, as well as drawing and digital design. An emphasis on design concepts complements students' technical skills and provides them with an overview of fashion design markets.
- Sr. Secondary (10+2) with 50% marks
- Proficiency in English communication
- NATA qualified students shall be preferred
Career and Placement
Once you complete the Bachelors of Design course with a concentration in Fashion Design you could be a: Women’s Apparel Designer, Menswear Designer, Bridalwear Designer, Footwear Designer, Accessory Designer, Luggage Designer, Product Developer, Fashion Retailer. Potential employers of graduates from the Fashion Design specialization could be Anokhi, FabIndia, Zara, Mango, GAP, Old Navy, Banana Republic, Polo, Ralph Lauren, L’Oreal, Biotique, Wills lifestyle, StarTV, UTV, Turner Communications.
Guidelines for Admissions
- Pre-qualification examination criteria for the Under Graduate programmes is Class 12th from any of the recognized boards of India. For foreign nationals, the pre-qualification for the Under Graduate programmes is a certificate equivalent to Class 12th examination of the country and meeting the equivalence criteria of ‘Association of Indian University’.
- Pre-qualification criteria for the Post Graduate programmes is graduation from any recognized university in India. For foreign nationals, the pre-qualification criteria for the Post Graduate programmes is degree awarded by a University in a particular country and meeting the equivalence criteria of ‘Association of Indian Universities’.
- Applicants who have appeared for their final year graduation examinations in the year 2015 may also apply for admission to Post Graduate programme.
- The University reserves its rights to judge the capability of a candidate through GD/PI before final admission.
- TOEFL/IELTS is compulsory for foreign nationals who do not have English as a primary language in teaching and examination.
- To qualify for admission in Sharda University in its Under Graduate programme, the applicants must complete 17 years of age on 31st December of the academic year in which they are seeking admission.
About the School
Sharda University is established through UP State Act in 2009 and approved by University Grants Commission of India (UGC). It is situated in Greater Noida, Delhi NCR, 27 km from New Delhi, spread over ... Read More