Bachelor of Design (Digital & Interactive Design)
Digital Designers are involved from designing computer games to tablet platforms, special effects in movies to animation and cartoons and finally to designing the interactions between computers and human beings. Students in the program are encouraged to explore many areas and develop expertise in game design, animation, motion graphics, interaction design, and other creative technologies, which include mobile media and computer art. Students learn to use software like 3DS MAX, Alias, MotionBuilder, Adobe After Effects, Adobe Flash Builder, Maya, and Processing, along with new forms of interface, large-scale multi-touch screens, and physical motion. The design programme’s interdisciplinary mode of inquiry examines Digital & Interactive environments from social, cultural, historical, and economic perspectives, inculcating in the students an appreciation of the inter-relationality of the Digital & Interactive Design and the larger world.
- Sr. Secondary (10+2) with 50% marks
- Proficiency in English communication
- NATA qualified students shall be preferred
Career and Placement
Once you complete the Bachelors of Design course with a concentration in Digital & Interactive Design you could be a: Game Designer, Digital Environment Artist, 2D 3D Animator, Visual Effects Director, Web Platform Developer, Web Designers, Creative Director, Visual Effects Cinematographer.
Graduates from the Digital & Interactive Design specialization could look to work with institutions like Google, Pixar, Walt Disney, ILM, Cartoon Network, DreamWorks, Sony Pictures, Blizzard games, Red Storm Entertainment, Apple, Dell, Google, Samsung, Android.
Guidelines for Admissions
- Pre-qualification examination criteria for the Under Graduate programmes is Class 12th from any of the recognized boards of India. For foreign nationals, the pre-qualification for the Under Graduate programmes is a certificate equivalent to Class 12th examination of the country and meeting the equivalence criteria of ‘Association of Indian University’.
- Pre-qualification criteria for the Post Graduate programmes is graduation from any recognized university in India. For foreign nationals, the pre-qualification criteria for the Post Graduate programmes is degree awarded by a University in a particular country and meeting the equivalence criteria of ‘Association of Indian Universities’.
- Applicants who have appeared for their final year graduation examinations in the year 2015 may also apply for admission to Post Graduate programme.
- The University reserves its rights to judge the capability of a candidate through GD/PI before final admission.
- TOEFL/IELTS is compulsory for foreign nationals who do not have English as the primary language in teaching and examination.
- To qualify for admission to Sharda University in its Under Graduate programme, the applicants must complete 17 years of age on 31st December of the academic year in which they are seeking admission.
About the School
Sharda University is established through UP State Act in 2009 and approved by University Grants Commission of India (UGC). It is situated in Greater Noida, Delhi NCR, 27 km from New Delhi, spread over ... Read More