Major or Minor in Cybersecurity
Students can major in Cybersecurity and receive a Bachelor of Science degree in Cybersecurity. You may also major in any other discipline at the university and minor in Cybersecurity. (Examples: Criminal Justice major and Cybersecurity minor, or Graphic Design major and Cybersecurity minor.)
Co-Major in Cybersecurity
Students in the Teacher Education program may select Cybersecurity as their Arts & Sciences co-major.
Students majoring in Cybersecurity have the option to pursue a double major with any discipline at the university. (Example: Major in both Criminal Justice and Cybersecurity.)
Certificate in Cybersecurity
If you are majoring in another discipline and have an interest in Cybersecurity, you may receive certification in Cybersecurity by taking six courses through the Computer Science Department.
Points of Interest
As a Cybersecurity major, you will receive a solid core of instruction in Computer Science, experience state-of-the-art instruction in a dedicated laboratory, and have the opportunity to participate in progressive activities that will bolster your understanding of the subject. Special features of the program include:
- A foundation of core courses in Computer Science.
- A hands-on laboratory component in practically all Cybersecurity courses.
- Opportunities to enroll in specialty courses that are offered periodically, such as Principles of Robotics, Computer Vision, Image Processing, Computer Graphics, Data Mining, Gaming, or Cloud Computing.
- Opportunities to attend and/or participate in nationally recognized student conferences and student competitions in computer science.
- Field experiences and club activities.
Many of our CS faculty are Ph.D. specialists in the fields of computer science, business, security assurance, engineering, and e-learning. Well established in their fields, CS faculty credentials include:
- Publishing more than 60 articles in professional journals.
- Holding more than 20 patents.
- Certification in multiple disciplines.
- Positions in the professional community.
With a BS in Cybersecurity you may pursue a career in many positions such as:
- Network security analyst
- IT specialist
- Military intelligence computer specialist
This school offers programs in:
Last updated October 23, 2017