Major or Minor in Computer Science
Students can major in Computer Science and receive a Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science. Students can major in any other discipline at the University and minor in Computer Science.
Co-Major in Computer Science
Students in the Teacher Education program can select Computer Science as their Arts & Sciences co-major.
Students majoring in Computer Science have the option to pursue a double major with any discipline at the University. (Examples: Major in both Nursing and Computer Science, major in both Criminal Justice and Computer Science, or major in both Computer Science and Cybersecurity).
Points of Interest
Students majoring in Computer Science have the unique experience of participating in a number of very progressive activities that bolster their understanding of the subject. These activities include:
- Conducting projects in the upper-level courses that allow students to synthesize what they have learned by actually designing a small-scale computer system of their own and engaging in software engineering.
- Opportunities to engage in actual research involving computer science.
- Opportunities to enroll in specialty courses that are offered periodically, such as, Principles of Robotics, Computer Vision, Computer Graphics, Data Mining, Gaming, or Cloud Computing.
- Opportunities to attend and/or participate in nationally recognized student conferences and student competitions in computer science.
- Field experiences involving visits to locations or operations of interest.
- Club activities that are student directed.
With a BS in Computer Science, you may pursue a career in many positions such as:
- Application Developer
- IT Specialist
- Programmer Analyst
- Computer Security Specialist
- Systems Analyst
- System Administrator
- Database Administrator
- Software Developer
- Software Engineer
100% of our 2017 surveyed graduates were either employed or in graduate school six months after graduation.
The average salary of Felician graduates is $50,112.
Where do our students and alumni find internships and employment?
Looking for an internship opportunity? Here is where our students have interned while at Felician:
- Disney World
- Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA)
- Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)
- Irish Repertory Theatre
- New York Red Bulls Soccer Club
- Pepsi Company
- Prudential Financial
- United Nations
Here is a sampling of where our Felician graduates are employed:
- American International Group (AIG)
- Federal Reserve Bank
- Johnson & Johnson
- Morgan Stanley
- Teachers in the area New Jersey schools
About the School
Founded in 1942 by the Felician Sisters, Felician University is one of the few Franciscan universities in the country, and the only one in New Jersey. We’ve built our reputation with an emphasis on se ... Read More