Bachelor of Computer Engineering
Our computer engineering degree program covers both computer hardware and software. We emphasize computer hardware - from the scale of individual transistors - up through embedded computers, networks, high-level languages, and software engineering. We design and implement digital logic and computer systems that integrate hardware and software components into functioning systems that meet a user-defined set of specifications. We love the inside, and outside, of computer systems.
As well as providing in-depth theoretical coverage, we emphasize laboratory experimentation and design. Our labs are open for students, whenever you need to use them. You will spend a significant amount of time in the laboratory, learning how to use modern test equipment and how to implement and verify the performance of electronic and electrical systems. We give our students an immersive and relevant lab experience.
Over the past 10 years, over 90% of our graduates have started their first professional career position within nine months of graduation. Many have their first job arranged before they graduate. Most of our graduates go into the commercial world in industries such as aerospace, telecommunications, software development, and consumer electronics. Some of our graduates (about 10%) decide to go on to graduate school and some work for federal government agencies.
Below is a sample of companies employing recent Trine grads:
- Adaptive Micro-Ware, Fort Wayne, IN The design of digital system for communications
- The Air Force Institute of Technology Graduate study in computer engineering
- BAE Systems, Fort Wayne, IN Control systems for aircraft
- Epic Systems, WI Software engineering for healthcare systems
- ITT Exelis, Fort Wayne, IN The design and test of radio communication systems
- LHP Control Systems Embedded computer for engine control
- Raytheon Net-Centric Systems, Fort Wayne, IN Computer hardware design for communications
- Rockwell Automation Computer-integrated control systems
- ThermoFisher Scientific Clinical and scientific instruments
- University of Notre Dame Semiconductor device research
- Whirlpool, Benton Harbor, MI Embedded computer design for appliances
About the School
It’s easy to talk about excellence. But it’s another thing altogether to truly commit yourself to it each and every day. To live it. To inspire it in everything around you. At Trine University, this c ... Read More