The IT industry in Malaysia has been booming since the introduction of the Multimedia Super Corridor in the mid-90s. Several of the world’s major IT players have hubs in Malaysia.
The computer engineering students are trained not only to create, build and manage IT systems and products to cater to specific needs in the industry, but also to be sensitive towards how these systems are integrated within organizations.
The students in the Bachelor of Computer Engineering (Hons) will not only be trained to be effective professionals but also to possess the necessary soft skills to be high achievers in this competitive industry.
- Pass STPM with 2 Principal Passes including Mathematics and a Physical Science, or
- Pass A-Levels with a minimum of 2 passes in subjects including Mathematics and a Physical Science, or
- Pass Foundation in Science / Foundation in Engineering in a relevant field which is recognized by the Malaysian Government, or
- Pass Diploma in a relevant field from an Institute of Higher Learning as recognized by the Malaysian Government, or
- Other equivalent qualifications as recognized by the Malaysian Government, and
- English Language Requirement.
- Approved by M.Q.A.
- Recognised by the signatory members of the Washington Accord. The members as of 2013 include Australia, Canada, Chinese Taipei, China, Ireland, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, New Zealand, Russia, Singapore, South Africa, Turkey, the United Kingdom, and the United States of America.
- Approved by Engineering Accreditation Council (E.A.C.) and Board of Engineers Malaysia (B.E.M.).
- Designed to meet International Curriculum to be in sync with the global benchmarks and industry requirement.
- Multiple partnerships with organizations to boost capabilities of the students and make them job ready.
- 100% Internship Opportunity and Industrial Training availability with the following partner organizations.
Graduates of this course can go on to work as:
- Testing Engineers
- Computer Hardware Engineers
- Systems Analysts
- Information Technology Consultants
- Digital Gaming Programmers
- Computer Software Engineers
- Computer Systems Software Engineers
- Embedded Systems Engineers
- Network Engineers
- Aerospace Engineers
This school offers programs in: