Bachelor of Computer Applications (BCA)
Department of Computer Science and Engineering offers a dynamic eco-system for study, research and professional growth for the faculty and the students. It strives to groom its students to be competent IT professionals, researchers and entrepreneurs.
The School of Computer Applications has been established to nurture fresh talent in the field of Information Technology equipping them with a plethora of skills to choose an area of interest at an early age. The Department firmly believes that theoretical knowledge supported by ample in-depth practical exposure are required to meet the challenges of this ever-changing field. As the world looks towards India for fresh and energetic talent in the field of IT, the Department’s mission is to shape the next generation IT professionals with concrete foundation, employable skills along with a touch of human ethical values..
To emerge as powerhouse of Information Technology and Allied areas developing competent computer professionals to meet the dynamic needs of disruptive technologies.
- To impart technical knowledge through innovative teaching, research and consultancy.
- Provides state-of-the-art facilities and internationally recognized faculty.
- To adapt to the dynamic needs of industries through curriculum update.
- Promotes partnerships with industry and community.
- To produce competent graduates with professional ethics and life skills.
BCA program aims at providing students key knowledge in the area of computer science and predominantly the applications of the theoretical knowledge covered during the program. Ever growing business around the globe has thrown newer challenges thereby requiring advanced technologies to meet the industry’s growing demands. Software companies take advantage of these challenges by acquiring professionals who are well conversant and can solve complex problems with the help of latest technologies. BCA program offered by the department empowers the students with latest technological advancements in the field of IT.
Three years (Six Semesters).
Structure & Assessment
The BCA degree program has been structured to ensure that the outcomes which follow are met by all graduates at the time of their graduation. All graduates will possess:
- An ability to apply knowledge of computing and mathematics to software design and computing problems
- An ability to analyze a problem, and identify and define the computing requirements appropriate to its solution
- An ability to design, implement, and evaluate a computer-based system, process, component, or program to meet desired needs
- An ability to function effectively on teams to accomplish a common goal
- An understanding of professional, ethical, legal, security and social issues and responsibilities
- An ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences both in an oral and written form.
Facilities & Features
- Department has classrooms, tutorial rooms with all equipped with projectors.
- Department has well-equipped laboratories that gives learning a practical dimension.