If you have an innate desire to pursue a career in film, television, print and/or digital communication, then this specialisation is the right option for you. The media studies programme takes an integrated approach and a broader look at media in all its forms, so that our graduates are prepared for both traditional and non-traditional media careers.
Our curriculum allows students to creatively express themselves via journalistic writing and editing for various media platforms, communicating ideas through short films, documentaries, photography and design, as well as media management and marketing.
Why Communications @ HELP?
- A three-year honours programme that emphasises the practical applications in contemporary communication settings
- Our courses are designed to give you a balanced portfolio of communication theory, research and practice in your chosen area of specialisation, giving you an edge over your competitors
- Practical training through internship
Applicants must have one of the following Entry requirements:
- HELP Foundation in Arts / Foundation in Science
- STPM At least 2 C’s
- A-Level At least 2 passes
- Senior Middle 3 (UEC) At Least 5 B’s (including English)
- CPU 5 passes with a minimum average of 50%
- SAM/TEE Examination At least 5 passes with a university aggregate of 50%
- International Baccalaureate At least 24 points
- Matriculation/Foundation At least CGPA of 2.00
- Diploma At least CPA 2.00
- SPM/O-Level At least 3 credits (including a pass in SPM English, Bahasa Malaysia and Sejarah)
- Equivalent qualification
International Student Only
International students who do not have the minimum English language entry requirement can be accepted into the programme.
However, they are first to enroll in the university Intensive English Programme (IEP) and sit for the IELTS or other similar tests. Upon passing the test with 5.0 score or equivalent, students can formally enroll in the faculty programme.
January 10, May 16, August 22
About the School
Since 1986 we have grown steadily and sturdily. We have sustained our student number and ensured a robust financial position. We have distinguished ourselves by excelling as a thought leader, an incub ... Read More