The Bachelor of Commerce in Supply Chain Management is a dynamic program designed to give candidates specialist knowledge within the growing field of supply chain management. A well-implemented supply chain management system has been identified as a key tool in the success of today’s leading business. Supply chain management involves the coordination, production, shipment, and delivery of goods from the point of production to the point of consumption.
Students enrolled in the program will be exposed to the learning areas of operations supply chain management, logistics, and purchasing. Students will obtain in-depth knowledge in the field of supply chain management. Graduates of this program will be well placed to occupy positions in the industry and to pursue post-graduate studies.
The final assessment mark for each module consists of an assignment (50%) and a written examination (50%). Examinations are written at the end of each semester.
National Qualifications Framework Level 7 (360 credit points)
Either a Pass in 3 subjects at A level and 1 subject at Subsidiary level at HSC Or Pass in 2 subjects at A level and 2 subjects at Subsidiary level at HSC Or Pass in 3 Subject at A level at the London General Certificate.
Mode of delivery
Full time and Supported distance learning.
Who should attend?
- School leavers and those aspiring to pursue a career in Supply Chain Management.
- Persons currently employed in supply chain management related positions and wishing to extend their knowledge in the field with the view to becoming supply chain managers.
- Individuals wishing to pursue a career in supply chain management.
The BCom Supply Chain Management is delivered through supported distance learning. Workshops are held each semester to support students in their studies. A study guide accompanies each module. The guide includes compulsory readings, self-study activities, tutorial letters, and assessment exercises. In addition, students have access to online journals, past examination papers and supplementary learning materials available on the website.
Upon completion of the BCom Supply Chain Management, the student should be able to:
- Understand the key concepts in Supply chain management, logistics, operation, and purchasing.
- Develop and implement strategic supply plans.
- Analyze the performance of supply chain partners and develop methods to improve supply chain performance.
- Analyze and interpret information to facilitate strategy formulation and decision making in supply chain management.
- Apply and integrate knowledge to solve supply chain problems.
- Business Management 1A
- End-User Computing 1T
- Business Mathematics 1T
- Economics 1A
- Business Management 1B
- Business Information Systems
- Financial Accounting 1T
- Economics 1B
- Business Management 2A
- Supply Chain Management 2A
- Management Accounting 1T
- Business Law 1T
- Business Management 2B
- Supply Chain Management 2B
- Business Statistics 1T
- Project Management 2T
- Business Management 3A
- Business Management 3B
- Supply Chain Management 3A
- Supply Chain Management 3B
- Supply Chain Management 3C
- Supply Chain Management 3D
- Supply Chain Management 3E
- Supply Chain Management 3F
About the School
Since 2012, YKBS operates from a campus-based institution located in Highlands. The campus comprises of a purpose-built complex designed and conceived to offer quality education to students in a condu ... Read More