The Bachelor of Commerce (Honours in Marketing Management) is a 1-year postgraduate degree designed to prepare students for employment in middle to senior management positions.
The underlying focus of the Honours program is to integrate marketing into the business imperatives of the organization. The program provides learners with advanced skills sets to work innovatively in a dynamic marketing environment.
National Qualifications Framework Level 8 (120 credit points)
A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent NQF level 7 qualification.
Mode of delivery
Supported distance learning.
- General Manager
- Corporate Manager
- Public service Manager
- Marketing Manager
- Sales Manager
The final assessment mark for each module consists of an assignment (50%) and a written examination (50%).
Examinations are written at the end of each semester.
Who should attend?
- Graduates who have completed a related bachelor’s degree and wish to acquire advanced knowledge and skills in Marketing Management.
- Those who are in employment and wish to enhance their career prospects in the field of Marketing Management.
The BCom (Hons in Marketing Management) is delivered through supported distance learning. Workshops are held each semester to support students in their studies. A study guide accompanies each module. The guide includes compulsory readings, self-study activities, tutorial letters, and assessment exercises. In addition, students have access to online journals, past examination papers and supplementary learning materials available on the website.
Upon completion of the BCom (Hons in Marketing Management) program, the student should be able to:
- Understand and apply the strategic aspects of marketing and planning to ensure competitiveness in the marketplace.
- Develop and implement marketing strategies and plans.
- Undertake marketing research.
- Apply models of buyer behavior in order to evaluate their utility and impact on marketing strategy.
- Apply and adapt marketing principles across a wide range of markets.
- Develop and manage a brand.
- Use different marketing channels to reach the target market.
- Systematically plan and develop a product through its lifecycle and implement measures to minimize risks of product failures and build brand equity.
- Use electronic platforms to reach a global audience, thereby targeting new markets, retaining current business and developing brand identity.
- Strategic Marketing Management.
- Services Marketing
- Marketing Research
- Research Methodology
Select one module from each group.
- International Marketing
- Relationship Marketing
- Brand Management
- Marketing Communications
- Direct Marketing
- Research Report
About the School
Since 2012, YKBS operates from a campus-based institution located in Highlands. The campus comprises of a purpose-built complex designed and conceived to offer quality education to students in a condu ... Read More