Marketing at Its Very Best
There is no better place to focus on an education in marketing than at The Business School at Humber. Our experienced faculty combined with an industry-focused curriculum and renowned industry partners put our program among the very best.
Humber’s Bachelor of Commerce – Marketing degree program gives you a comprehensive grounding in both general business knowledge and specialized marketing skills.
In your first two years, you’ll take introductory courses such as accounting, economics, and law, which will teach you the fundamentals of business. Marketing courses, taken in your third and fourth year, give you the specialized knowledge that will help you stand out from the crowd. You’ll learn from professors recognized for their expertise and extensive industry contacts. The program curriculum, based on current trends, technologies, and methodologies, brings real-world challenges into the classroom.
By graduation, you’ll have developed a wide range of marketable skills, including:
- creating a strategic marketing plan
- conducting a product analysis
- using social media and advertising for product promotion
- using databases to create consumer relationships.
Humber’s project-based curriculum means you will take projects from idea to execution while working in a real-world, team-based environment.
What You Will Learn
Common Platform Years 1 and 2
This program is one of eleven Bachelor of Commerce degrees built on a common two-year platform of business studies that gives students the time to decide their specialty. In years one and two, students learn the fundamentals of business, including accounting, business law, information systems, e-commerce, financial management, HR management, and marketing. At the end of year two, students make their decision and spend their final two years specializing in their chosen business field. See all degrees on the common platform >
Specialization Years 3 and 4 (Curriculum Highlights)
- Brand Management
- Marketing Communications
- Digital Marketing
- Emerging Issues in Marketing
- Strategic Marketing Management
Gain Practical Skills
- Creation of a strategic marketing plan
- Product analysis
- Pricing strategies
- Distribution channels
- The role of social media in advertising and product promotion
This degree program includes one full semester of paid work, for 14 weeks/490 hours, in the summer between semesters six and seven, giving you the hands-on experience that employers value. Students find their placements, giving them the opportunity to work in the field they want to work in once they graduate. Humber works with employers and our industry partners to identify opportunities for students to pursue.
Market yourself and seek employment in places such as advertising firms, consumer product companies, retail chains, and wholesalers, while building your brand and knowledge in sectors including retail, fashion, manufacturing, financial and public services, leisure and tourism, consumer packaged goods, music, electronics, entertainment, and sports.
Career opportunities available:
- Marketing Analyst
- Product Manager
- Sales Manager
- Marketing Manager
- Communications Manager
Potential employment opportunities:
- Advertising firms
- Consumer product companies
- Retail chains and wholesalers
To be eligible for admission, you must possess the following:
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent including these required courses:
- Grade 12 English (ENG4U or equivalent) minimum 65 percent
- Grade 12 Mathematics (MDM4U, MCB4U, MGA4U, MCV4U or MHF4U or equivalent) minimum 60 percent (Students who do not possess Grade 12U Mathematics or who have achieved a grade below 60 percent may be considered for admission. Students will be required to complete a math equivalency course during their first semester at Humber. Additional course fees will apply.)
- Four Grade 12 U or M courses in addition to those listed above
- Overall minimum grade point average (GPA) 65 percent
- Mature student status
- College or university transfer status
All applicants whose first language is not English must meet Humber’s English Language Proficiency Policy.
Selection: Admission selection is based on the academic criteria indicated. Meeting minimum eligibility requirements does not guarantee admission.
Cost & Fees
The 2016/2017 fee for two semesters is
- domestic $7,446.54
- international $14,800
Amounts listed are the total of tuition, lab and material fees, student service and auxiliary fees for the first two semesters of the 2016/2017 academic year. Fees are subject to change.
About the School
Humber, a member of Polytechnics Canada, is committed to student success through excellence in teaching and learning. Humber's broad range of career-focused credentials include: bachelor degrees, dipl ... Read More