Digital Business Management At Its Very Best
Humber’s Bachelor of Commerce – Digital Business Management program provides the essential components of a traditional business degree, plus a broad selection of cutting-edge technology and advanced marketing techniques. It will help prepare you to succeed in a highly competitive business environment. By graduation, your e-commerce skills will include:
- developing e-business marketing/sales plans (product analysis, pricing strategies, distribution channels, promotional programs)
- employing project management and change management tools
- analyzing financial issues and how they affect pricing, cost, and profit
- integrating effective and efficient supply chain management operations/tactics/strategies
- streamlining business processes, using information and communication technology (ICT).
Courses include accounting, micro/macroeconomics, business law, marketing, information systems, ethics, e-commerce, web development, database systems, supply chain management and more.
You’ll be able to put classroom learning into practice and get real-world experience by attending industry events, participating in competitions and learning first-hand from guest speakers.
Our program is built on our two-year common platform of solid business education, comprised of marketing, accounting, operations, economics, and law. In years three and four, you will work toward your digital business management specialization.
Among the unique program opportunities, you’ll have the chance to gain practical skills using a broad range of business software such as Microsoft Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint, MS Project, SAP and other web development languages and software.
As Internet sales from both business-to-business and business-to-consumer reach into the trillions of dollars worldwide annually, Humber’s combination of a general business degree and broad computer and communication technology skills will make you more competitive in the job market.
What You Will Learn
Common Platform Years 1 and 2
This program is one of eleven Bachelor of Commerce degrees built on a common two-year platform of business studies that gives students the time to decide their specialty. In years one and two, students learn the fundamentals of business, including accounting, business law, information systems, e-commerce, financial management, HR management, and marketing. At the end of year two, students make their decision and spend their final two years specializing in their chosen business field.
Curriculum Highlights (Specialization Years 3 and 4)
- e-Business Information Systems & Technology
- Project Management
- Digital Marketing
- Intro to Supply Chain Management
- Quality Management
- Business to Consumer
- CRM and Data Mining
- Product Management
- Strategic Management
- Current Issues in e-Business and Marketing
The Humber Bachelor of Commerce – Digital Business Management program includes one full semester (14 weeks/490 hours) of paid work in the summer between your sixth and seventh semesters.
Humber’s Bachelor of Commerce – Digital Business Management program provides you with the skills for a career in business and marketing in both local and global economies.
The integration of information systems with web communications allows businesses to refine customer service, enhance manufacturing and inventory control, develop interactive websites, market products and services to multiple audiences, and more. This increases the need for talented graduates with the e-business skills and knowledge to help companies compete in the global commercial economy.
As you become adept at conducting business electronically, providing web-based customer service, promoting products and services and collaborating with business partners online, you’ll be on your way to changing the way business is being done globally and locally.
Career opportunities available:
- Market Analyst
- e-Marketing Specialist
- Product Manager
- Distribution Manager
- Operations Manager
- Quality Supervisor
- Internet Marketer
- Web Developer
- Content Manager
- Online Support
Potential employment opportunities:
- Home Depot
- Bell Canada
- Loblaw Companies Ltd.
- TD Canada Trust
- Bank of Montreal
- Summitt Energy
- Taro Pharmaceuticals
- as well as Ontario’s Ministry of Government Services, not-for-profit and public service organizations, and small- and medium-sized manufacturing and consulting businesses
To be eligible for admission, you must possess the following:
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent including these required courses:
- Grade 12 English (ENG4U or equivalent) minimum 65 percent
- Grade 12 Mathematics (MDM4U, MCB4U, MGA4U, MCV4U or MHF4U or equivalent) minimum 60 percent (Students who do not possess Grade 12U Mathematics or who have achieved a grade below 60 percent may be considered for admission. Students will be required to complete a math equivalency course during their first semester at Humber. Additional course fees will apply.)
- Four Grade 12 U or M courses in addition to those listed above
- Overall minimum grade point average (GPA) 65 percent
- Mature student status
- College or university transfer status
All applicants whose first language is not English must meet Humber’s English Language Proficiency Policy.
Selection: Admission selection is based on the academic criteria indicated. Meeting minimum eligibility requirements does not guarantee admission.
Cost & Fees
The 2016/2017 fee for two semesters is
- domestic $7,446.54
- international $14,800.
Amounts listed are the total of tuition, lab and material fees, student service and auxiliary fees for the first two semesters of the 2016/2017 academic year. Fees are subject to change.
About the School
Humber, a member of Polytechnics Canada, is committed to student success through excellence in teaching and learning. Humber's broad range of career-focused credentials include: bachelor degrees, dipl ... Read More