Making the ideas and dreams of your future business clients come to life is what Marketing is all about. Empowering businesses with the strategies and skills necessary to reach their market in the digital world is the goal of a digital marketer. Help provide businesses with real Marketing strategies for the modern business world by enrolling in the Bachelor of Commerce (Digital Marketing) program today.
The Digital Marketing sector requires knowledge of the core fundamentals of business including business strategy, management, human resources, accounting, and leadership. However, you’ll also receive cutting-edge training with specialized digital marketing courses, including brand management and media integration, analytics, strategic website management and search engine marketing. You’ll help connect your future clients to the online world where any dream is possible and on multiple media platforms. You’ll also be prepared to write certification exams within the digital marketing field upon graduation.
The program also provides choice, so that you can follow your passions when you graduate. Careers in areas of digital marketing, general marketing, direct marketing, communications, product marketing, customer relationship management, market analysis, search engine marketing/optimization, web analytics or entrepreneurial pursuits await graduates. The sky's the limit.
As well, if you’re currently enrolled in the Business – Marketing diploma program, you can earn both a diploma and a degree in four years.
The Bachelor of Commerce (Digital Marketing) program is a four-year, honors level degree with a mandatory co-op work term between semesters 7 and 8. Students will study core fundamentals of business including business strategy, management, human resources, accounting and leadership in addition to the specialized digital marketing courses, including brand management and media integration, analytics, strategic website management and search engine marketing. Students will be well prepared to write certification exams within the digital marketing field upon graduation.
This four-year degree program requires completion of one mandatory co-op work term. More information about co-operative education can be found at www.fanshawec.ca/co-op.
Fanshawe College has been granted a consent by the Minister of Training, Colleges, and Universities to offer this degree program for a seven-year term starting May 2015. The College shall ensure that all students admitted to the above-named program during the period of consent will have the opportunity to complete the program within a reasonable time frame.
Admission Requirements - 2016/2017
OSSD with courses from the University (U) or University/College (M) stream WITH:
- Grade 12 Advanced Functions (U) Note: minimum final grade required is 70)
- Grade 12 English (U) Note: minimum final grade required is 70)
- Plus four additional Grade 12 University (U) or University/College (M) courses
- Final minimum average of 65.0% based on the highest six Grade 12 University (U) or University/College
Mature Applicant with standing in the required courses and grades stated above
Post-Secondary Standing* (if applicable)
English Language Requirements
Applicants whose first language is not English will be required to demonstrate proficiency in English by one of the following methods:
- A Grade 12 College Stream or University Stream English credit from an Ontario Secondary School, or equivalent, depending on the program's Admission Requirements
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) test with a minimum score of 560 for the paper-based test (PBT), or 84 for the Internet-based test (iBT), with test results within the last two years
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) test with an overall score of 6.5 with no score less than 6.0 in any of the four bands, with test results within the last two years
- Canadian Academic English Language (CAEL) test with an overall score of 70, with test results within the last two years
- An English Language Evaluation (ELE) at Fanshawe College with a minimum score of 75% in all sections of the test, with test results within the last two years
Recommended Personal Preparation
- Consider focusing summer job searches in business/marketing/customer service related areas
- Volunteer with a not-for-profit organization
- Read or follow business/marketing related publications or blogs (e.g., Marketing Magazine, Ad Age, Brand Channel or Wired)
- Follow marketing groups on LinkedIn or Twitter
- Strengthen problem-solving, critical thinking and time management skills prior to entering the program
- Applicants with a Fanshawe College Diploma in Business - Marketing with a minimum GPA of 3.5 can apply to semester 4 of the Bachelor of Commerce (Digital Marketing) Degree.
- Applicants with a Fanshawe College Advanced Diploma in Business Administration-Marketing with a minimum GPA of 3.0 can apply to semester 6 of the Bachelor of Commerce (Digital Marketing) Degree.
- Applicants applying for individual course credits from Canadian universities must provide a detailed course content of theory and laboratory exercises (if appropriate).
- International applicants may apply for course credit achieved at the post-secondary level. The detailed course content of theory and laboratory exercises from the international institution must be included with a transcript as part of the request (official documents provided to the Office of the Registrar in a sealed envelope). If the translation of the documents into English is necessary this must be performed by a recognized service.
- Based on the guidelines established by the Postsecondary Quality Assessment Board for Applied Degree Programs, credits for advanced standing cannot exceed 50% of the program's total.
Applicant Selection Criteria
Where the number of eligible applicants exceeds the available spaces in the program, the Applicant Selection Criteria will be:
- Preference for Permanent Residents of Ontario
- Receipt of Application by February 1st (After this date, Fanshawe College will consider applicants on a first-come, first-served basis until the program is full)
- Achievement in the Admission Requirements
- Achievement in Post-Secondary Studies* (if applicable)
*Applicants currently enrolled in a university or who have previously attended university or other post-secondary institutions and are applying to transfer into the Bachelor of Commerce (Digital Marketing) program are considered on the basis of their post-secondary standing. Specifically, applicants currently enrolled in a university or who have previously attended university must maintain a minimum average of 65.0% on the last ten full credit or full credit equivalent courses in order to be considered for admission. Applicants with less than ten full credit courses must maintain a minimum average of 65.0% on all courses in order to be considered for admission. Applicants applying from a community college must have successfully completed a diploma program with an overall GPA of 2.5 in their program. In addition, all students applying from university or college must have completed the pre-requisite courses in Mathematics and English as stated in the Admission Requirements.
Cost & Fees
7,845.85 Canadian Dollars per term
This school offers programs in:
Last updated February 11, 2018