Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com)
The course is designed to enhance a holistic personality in graduates thus enabling them to succeed as professionals.
The Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com) program at Dayananda Sagar University is designed to bridge the gap between conceptual learning and practical application to inculcate professional corporate expertise.
The curriculum has been suitably prepared to meet the challenging needs of the Indian corporates. A certain measure of flexibility has been built into the new system, which enables the students to make their own choice of subjects from a wide spectrum of courses. SCMS imparts business skills and provides knowledge and training ground that turns out high caliber, competent, versatile professionals.
- To provide knowledge in the various areas of commerce related subjects.
- To develop the skills of analyzing, evaluating problems and taking decisions.
- To keep pace with dynamic industry changes and management practices and to enhance knowledge updates through technical workshops, seminars, guest lectures and internships
- To ensure that the curriculum bridges the institution and industries expectations.
Structure and Assessment
Internal assessment - Student will be assessed based on three continuous internal assessments conducted during each semester. Best of two internal assessment marks will be considered out of three for 20 marks. Rest of the 10 marks will be based on book review, competition, outbound learning program and Corporate Social Responsibility work and take home assignment.
External Assessment - Student will be assessed for 70 marks.
Facilities & Features
- Centre for Excellence
- Center for Innovation and Leadership- Corporate, Faculty and Students Training Centre
- Centre for Foreign Language
- Centre for Entrepreneurship with incubation and Start-up Facility
- Excellent Classroom
- Wi-fi campus
- Learning Centre
- Seminar Halls and Auditorium
- Computer Labs
- Digital Libraries
- In-campus Hostels
- Healthcare Facility with Insurance
- Research Centre
- Fitness Centre
- Best in Class Sports Facility
- Effectively connect with industry and Corporate
- Twinning Up arrangement with Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (A.C.C.A.) providing excellent global opportunities for students
- Elite Core Faculty
- Conducive ambiance for learning
- English Laboratory
- Outbound Training Program
- Industry Connect
- Faculty involvement in research and business consultancy
About the School
Dayananda Sagar Institutions founded in the 60s by one such visionary, late Sri Dayananda Sagar committed to take knowledge to the people, transforms today’s students into responsible citizens and pro ... Read More