What are the outcomes of this study programme?
This study program is designed for students who want to gain the knowledge, competencies and skills necessary for civil engineering jobs, want to be able to apply the knowledge in practice creatively, using the new modern principles of design and detailing. To use the modern construction technology for designing buildings and their structures, to manage the building design and construction processes.
After studies students get BSc degree of Civil Engneering.
What will you learn?
During BSc studies of civil engineering you will gain:
- Skills of practical research, design and building: from the identification of a problem, the selection of research equipment to evaluation of the results and findings and qualification; able to choose methods of investigation and design.
- Skills to collect data for designing of structures and buildings, to analyze and evaluate the data, to select project alternatives and potential methods of construction considering the environment of the construction site, the restrictions, esthetical and architectural aspects, economic factors and anticipated operation conditions.
- Skills to prepare projects of the structures and to manage designing processes.
- Skills to apply international and European standards in designing buildings and structures and construction.
- Ability correctly to choose calculation scheme and calculation method of building, and to design building structures.
- Ability to prepare construction part of project and to manage the design process.
- Furthermore, students are capable to think analytically, work independently, responsible, thoroughly and quickly organize their work, effectively collaborate with colleagues and with specialists of contiguous fields of work.
Where can students do an internship?
In a study programme of civil engineering, it is compulsory to do an internship in the industry. During the internship time students work in companies of design or constructions in Lithuania and abroad.
Where is it possible to study abroad?
Students who are willing to study in foreign universities, have an opportunity to study abroad for one semester in the following countries: Finland, Sweden, Germany, Portugal, Spain, England, France, South Korea, Taiwan, USA, etc.
What are career opportunities after graduation?
The bachelors of civil engineering acquire all skills necessary for practical work and they are ready for independent professional activities. They can start practical activities in construction and design companies, expert bureaus, departments of ministries, town and regional municipalities or can continue their master studies.