$ 1000 scholarship available to all new students enrolled in the fall of 2019 or the winter of 2020!
The bachelor's degree in civil engineering trains versatile engineers able to take on engineering projects from the design phase to the construction phase.
The heart of the program develops, in the future engineer, skills in structural design, geotechnics, hydraulics and environment.
To meet the needs of the organizations in the area served by UQAR , it includes a series of courses in the fields of municipal engineering and the transportation sector.
The training covers in particular:
- Underground geotechnical and hydraulic analysis and technical solutions leading to soil stabilization;
- Structural design, construction work in concrete, steel or wood;
- Design and construction of urban networks;
- Design, construction and maintenance of roads;
- The use of new processes and materials in the spirit of sustainable development;
- The management and management of construction work.
This program will be undergoing accreditation by the Canadian Engineering Accreditation Board (BCAPG).
The program aims to train versatile engineers and civil engineers. This training focuses on the design of projects, the construction of works and the consideration of the ethical, social and economic aspects of engineering. It prepares students to practice their profession independently early in their careers.
- Develop the mathematical and natural science skills needed to solve problems in civil engineering;
- To expose students to complementary science content in humanities, management, economics and finance;
- Develop skills in the basic sciences of civil engineering: mechanical engineering and materials, geotechnics, structure, environmental engineering, municipal engineering, transportation engineering and coastal engineering;
- Master the design processes of concrete, steel or wood structures, plan, direct and supervise the execution of works;
- Master the geotechnical analysis of soils / underground hydraulics, and propose technical solutions leading to the stabilization of these, the foundation of foundations and the construction of roads;
- Master the processes of design or renovation and maintain urban networks;
- Master the design or renovation process and maintain roads;
- Master design or renovation processes and maintain watercourse and flood zone developments;
- Develop skills in project management in civil engineering;
- Prepare the future graduate for an effective and responsible professional practice through the acquisition of skills in written and oral communication, finance and ethics;
- Analyze and solve engineering problems of different levels of complexity and varied nature;
- Develop its ability to adapt to changing situations, rapidly changing technology and new engineering practices;
- Introduce yourself to the practice of engineering by carrying out projects in the framework of one to three internships in a company;
- Develop learning autonomy so that you can continue your personal and professional development throughout your career;
- Integrate the values of society into professional practice and measure the impact of technology on people and their environment;
- Take into account the health and safety dimensions in each facet of its interventions;
- Understand and integrate the multiple environmental dimensions at each stage of a project.
Pixabay / Pexels
Concentration in coastal engineering
The Bachelor of Civil Engineering program offers students to take five courses designed to develop skills specific to the design and construction of coastal infrastructure:
- GEN38019 Marine hydraulics
- GEN48019 Coastal Infrastructure Design
- GEN48119 Construction of coastal infrastructures
- GEN38619 Foundations
- BIO17000 Marine environment
This training, unique in Canada in a bachelor's degree program, aims to train engineers able to provide solutions to the problems of coastal stability, dredging, design, construction and maintenance of ports, jetties, groynes, riprap or other coastal protection works .
The bachelor's degree in civil engineering offers two training plans, determined by the profile of the student.
The "pre-university DEC or equivalent" pathway is addressed to:
- Applicants with a college diploma (DEC) pre-university degree;
- To foreign candidates.
The pathway "technical DEC base or equivalent" is addressed to:
- Applicants with a Diploma of College Studies (DEC) Technical;
- To eligible candidates on the basis of their professional experience.
A personalized education
Classes include an average of 20 students. They are unanimous in emphasizing the quality of the teaching supervision and the remarkable availability of the teachers.
At the bachelor's degree in engineering, professional integration activities are integrated throughout the training allowing companies to submit a real engineering problem to a team of students who develop an appropriate solution under the supervision of their teachers.
Recognized participation in interuniversity competitions
UQAR students participate annually in various events and competitions related to engineering:
- Engineering games;
- Quebec engineering competition;
- FIRST robotics competition;
- Baja International Competition, etc.
Many opportunities for stays abroad
UQAR offers many opportunities to stay abroad for students motivated to expand their knowledge while living a rewarding cultural experience. These stays can take the form of an exchange program, a practical internship or a research stay. Several sources of funding are also available.
Areas of employment
Graduates of the Bachelor of Civil Engineering hold positions in several sectors of construction and public works:
- Consulting engineers;
- The engineering of construction;
- Municipal engineering;
- Transport engineering;
- The genius of the environment, etc.
Students who have chosen to follow the coastal engineering concentration will also be able to bring their expertise in the fields of civil engineering requiring intervention on the coastline.
- Consulting engineer;
- Project Engineer;
- Municipal engineer, etc.
Application for admission
Step 1: Admission Requirements
- Choose the admission quarter.
- Choose the place of instruction.
- Check the conditions of admission and quota.
- Check the requirements for fluency in French.
- Respect the deadlines for submission of admission applications.
Step 2: Filing the application
- Complete the application for admission.
- Provide the necessary documents to process the application for admission.
- Pay the admission fee.
Step 3: Demand Tracking
- Receive the decision on the application for admission.
- Register for classes.
Step 1: Choose your training
- Choice of study program and campus.
- Equivalence of diplomas and admission requirements.
- Requirements for fluency in French.
- Research Directorate, if necessary (research-type graduate programs).
Step 2: Check your financial capacity
Foreign students must ensure, before leaving their country of origin, to have the necessary financial resources to cover all the expenses of study and stay.
Step 3: Submit your application
- Application for admission online.
It is important to send all the required documents for the analysis of the application for admission as soon as possible. The Office of the Registrar of UQAR will not be able to process the application for admission without them.
Step 4: Obtain legal permissions to study in Canada
Foreign students admitted to a study program or exchange program for a period of more than 6 months must obtain the residence permit below.
Students admitted to a program lasting less than six months (a one-term program) are exempt from the CAQ and study permit. However, depending on the nationality of the candidate, a visa or an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) may be required to stay in Canada.
Applications for authorization are the responsibility of the candidate. UQAR can not intervene in this process, which is the exclusive responsibility of the ministries concerned.
Students must ensure that they have a valid passport when applying for a residence permit.
If student residence permits are not obtained in time for back to school, contact a foreign student advisor to evaluate options.
Step 5: Prepare to arrive in Canada
- Health insurance and hospitalization.
- Foreign Student Matching Program.
- Reservation of accommodation.
- Plan your itinerary to Rimouski or Lévis.
- Head to UQAR .
About the School
L'UQAR, une université d'excellence en recherche! Riche de la diversité de ses expertises de calibre international, l’UQAR se démarque parmi les meilleures universités en recherche au Canada. La comp ... Read More