Bachelor of Fine Arts - Ceramics
The Ceramics program is designed to give you an understanding of vessel, sculptural, and architectural ceramics. As you explore these elements you will examine the relationships between design, materials, color, process, and techniques. An awareness of historical and contemporary issues in ceramics and their relationship with other discourses (such as fine art, design, and architecture) will help to develop an informed perspective on your work.
NSCAD Ceramics graduates have established successful international studio practices that contribute to the profile of Canadian ceramics.
Our graduates are writers, critics, curators, arts administrators in galleries
and museums, and designers for industry. Many go on to study in prestigious graduate programs and teach in colleges/universities across North America.
• A vast selection of potters’ wheels
• Open space, fully ventilated converted pier warehouse
• Five high-efficiency, computer controlled Blaauw kilns
• Six Cone Art electric kilns
• Grinding station
• Fully equipped glaze kitchen and glaze lab