The Bachelor of Business harnesses your energy and passion for success. This degree gives you the knowledge to create a career as a business professional. Whether you wish to pursue a corporate role in a global enterprise or start your own business, this course will provide you with the skills to do it.
The Bachelor of Business begins with four core units: Financing Enterprises, Enterprise Innovation and Markets, Enterprise Leadership, and Enterprise Law. These units provide you with the essential business knowledge that will be the platform for your career and equip you with the academic skills that will underpin your success in the degree.
You will then undertake four professional units. The professional units are where you begin to shape your future in one of three core business areas: Money, Markets or Management. By learning core business skills within the context of your chosen future you will develop new skills and enhance your employability. Units in the professional core will teach you to plan your career, innovate and analyze. You will also be able to explore and apply your skills and knowledge in a work-based learning unit.
Ten industry-relevant specializations have been created to equip you with expert skills across the three enterprise futures of Money, Markets and Management. The Money specializations include Accounting, Applied Finance, Economics, and Property. The Markets specializations are Hospitality Management, International Business, Marketing and Sport Management. Management specializations are Human Resource Management and Management.
You will need the flexibility to create your career. The Bachelor of Business gives you the flexibility to select eight units from anywhere in the University. This means that you can choose a variety of non-business units to gain depth and perspective on your enterprise future; you could take a specialization in another discipline, or you can complete the second specialization within Business.
You will graduate from this degree with an understanding of the spectrum of business operations and with competencies that will enable you to act strategically and independently in your chosen career.
The course seeks to equip all students with a good understanding of basic business issues, complemented by a high level of knowledge relevant to a specific business discipline as applied in a global environment. See key programs for career-specific information.
New locations for 2017
The Bachelor of Business will be offered at the new Parramatta City Campus, 169 Macquarie Street, Parramatta. You will study in the heart of Parramatta's thriving Central Business District close to major transport links. Selected majors will also be offered at the new Sydney City Campus, Level 4, 255 Elizabeth Street, Sydney.
Eligibility for admission to the Bachelor of Business is based on the following minimum requirements:
- Year 12 HSC (or equivalent); or completed Diploma of Business at Western Sydney University, The College; or completed relevant VET award.
- Assumed Knowledge: Mathematics and any two units of English. Students unable to demonstrate sufficient levels of achievement in mathematics will be required to use one of the elective units to increase their mathematical aptitude. This will not lengthen the period of study.
- Applications from Australian and New Zealand citizens and holders of permanent resident visas must be made via the Universities Admissions Centre (UAC).
- Applicants who have undertaken studies overseas may have to provide proof of proficiency in English. Local and International applicants who are applying through the Universities Admissions Centre (UAC) will find details of minimum English proficiency requirements and acceptable proof on the UAC website. Local applicants applying directly to the University should also use the information provided on the UAC website.
- International applicants must apply directly to the University of Western Sydney via the Western Sydney University International office.
- International students applying to Western Sydney University through Western Sydney University International can find details of minimum English proficiency requirements and acceptable proof on the Western Sydney University International website.
About the School
Modern, people-friendly hubs of activity. That sums up our distinctive campuses located across Western Sydney. Whether you prefer the ultra-modern and hi-tech or the beautiful, pastoral and serene, yo ... Read More