A major field of study leading to a Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) can be very rewarding. Students can broaden their experiences and learn the latest trends in business in the areas of marketing, accounting, finance, management information systems or management. Students may choose to take the knowledge that they learn to build a successful career in the public or private sector, or even strike out on their own and start a business.
The College of Business offers majors in five areas. Information about the requirements, degree plans can be found through the Department of Accounting, Finance and Management Information Systems or the Department of Management and Marketing.
- Management Information Systems (MIS)
Students enrolled in baccalaureate degree programs in the College of Business who elect to complete requirements of two majors will be awarded the BBA degree with a double major.
An appropriate minor field of study can broaden your education and considerably enhance your marketability. With only a few additional courses, you can enrich your credentials.
The College of Business offers minor fields of study in the following nine areas:
- Business Administration (Management)
- International Business
- Management Information Systems (MIS)
- Personal Financial Planning
We are happy to answer any questions you may have about the College of Business. Please take a look at our student information guide, browse our website and contact us with any questions.
PROGRAM LEARNING GOALS
- Program Goal 1: Mastery of Content, Graduates will demonstrate an ability to integrate and use knowledge from multiple business disciplines.
- Program Goal 2: Teamwork, Graduates will demonstrate an ability to work well in a team environment.
- Program Goal 3: Ethics, Graduates will have an ethical perspective.
- Program Goal 4: Global Perspective, Graduates will have a global perspective.
- Program Goal 5: Communications, Graduates will be effective communicators.
Students who meet the University entrance requirements enter the College of Business as Pre-Business students. Admission to the College of Business requires:
- Satisfactory completion of at least 45 semester hours from the courses listed in the recommended course sequence for the freshmen/sophomore years in their respective disciplines.
- Earned cumulative grade point average of 2.30 in all credit course work.
- Completion of the following courses with a grade of “C” or better.
ENGL 1123, ENGL 1133 MISY 1013 MATH 1113, MATH 1153 ECON 2113, ECON 2123 ACCT 2113 MGMT 1013
- Approval of Department Head and Dean.
Deadline for Application
Application for acceptance into a major field of study at the College of Business will be accepted by the following deadlines:
- May 31 - for fall acceptance
- October 31 -for spring acceptance
Students in Good Standing
Once accepted into a major, a student must maintain a cumulative grade point average of 2.30 in order to be in good standing in the academic program.
Business Student Scholarship Information
Scholarship funding may be available to students who have been admitted to Prairie View A&M University and/or are enrolled in one of the business programs. College of Business Scholarships are awarded in the semester(s) following the semester in which the scholarship applications are completed (e.g., students who apply for and are awarded scholarships in fall will receive financial support in the spring semester).
Scholarships must be used to support enrollment at Prairie View A&M University. Scholarship funds will not be used as an “overpayment.” Information contained in the application must be accurate and may be subject to verification by the College of Business Scholarship Committee.
About the School
Founded in 1876, Prairie View A&M University is the second oldest public institution of higher learning in the state of Texas. With an established reputation for producing engineers, nurses and ed ... Read More