Bachelor of Business Administration
The Bachelor of Business Administration is aimed at preparing students for a career in business and related fields. The degree aims to provide students with a broad-based business education that takes into account the skills necessary to perform as a professional in the dynamic global business environment. The program integrates faith and Christian values that will enable students to learn the important skills effective managers need to survive and succeed in today's marketplace.
Upon successful completion of the prescribed course of study for Bachelor of Business administration, the graduate will have acquired knowledge, skills and abilities to be able to:
i. Demonstrate oral and written communication skills in diverse business contexts
ii. Demonstrate proficient knowledge of and skills in the use of fundamental technology tools and concepts in business-related practices
iii. Exhibit ethical and strategic leadership and social responsibility in business and related practices
iv. Apply critical and creative thinking skills in solving business-related problems using both quantitative and qualitative analysis
v. Apply knowledge, skills and Christ-like attitudes in the functional areas of business
vi. Cultivate global business practices with local relevance and astute multicultural and diversity understandings
A candidate must satisfy any of the following minimum requirements before admission into the programme:
Be a holder of K.C.S.E. (or equivalent examination) certificate with a minimum aggregate of C+ and a minimum of C in both Mathematics and English/Kiswahili, or
Be a holder of K.A.C.E. certificate with a minimum of two principal passes and a minimum of a credit pass in Mathematics at K.C.E., or
Diploma in relevant disciplines in the field of business from an institution recognized by the university senate in liaison with C.U.E.. or
- Be a holder of any other qualification accepted by the University Senate as equivalent to any of the above.
Mode of Delivery
- The programme adopts a synchronous mode of delivery where the lecturer and the students are expected to be physically present together in a defined location at a specific time.
- Such contact is expected between the lecturers and the students for the entire duration of the programme. Students will be required to meet face-to-face with the lecturer or supervisor.
- For each hour of contact, the student is expected to put in two hours of preparation time.
- To achieve this, the teaching methodologies will include case studies, library research, discussions, tutorials and presentations.
- The programme is delivered in course units (one course is referred to as a unit) with a total of 60 courses totaling to 180 hours.
- Classes are usually held at A.I.U.’s main campus in Karen on weekdays. Each course is designed for a three hour face-to-face time with the lecturer per week for ten weeks.
- Tuition per term 50,400
- Admin Charges 13,525
- Total per term 63,925
- Total per year 191,775
- Total per program 767, 100
How to apply
You can apply online by clicking Online application
Download application form Application form
You can send your application to Public Relations or Admissions or
You can find out more by calling us.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 23, 2018