The Bachelor of Business Administration in Management Information Systems (MIS) at U.C.O.’s College of Business prepares students for careers that apply computer knowledge and information technology to business. The program teaches students about computer databases, networks, computer security and more.
- MIS majors will take courses that include programming business applications, business systems analysis and design, data management, managing and troubleshooting networks, and application development with SQL server, in addition to the business core courses.
- Students can customize their major with elective courses such as IT security and risk management, business application management, project management and programming.
- Students will also have the opportunity to join the Association of Information Technology Professionals (A.I.T.P.).
The University of Central Oklahoma is committed to providing affordable tuition to our students and their families from all over the world. U.C.O. recognizes and rewards student achievements by offering scholarships and awards on the basis of academic merit, talent in the fine arts or athletics. Other awards are based upon financial need. Students may qualify for both types of awards.
On-campus employment is also available to assist international students with their cost of living. International students may apply for on-campus jobs and work up to 20 hours per week after they arrive. On-campus employment is not guaranteed.
- Full list of Scholarships available to Undergraduate Freshman students, please Click here.
- Full list of Scholarships available to Undergraduate Transfer students, please Click here.
- Full list of Scholarships available to Graduate students, please Click here.
Please note that applying for most of these scholarships does not require any action from a student. Scholarship decision is made by an Admission's Advisor based off your academic and English proficiency scores. The exceptions are President's Leadership Council, Leaders of Tomorrow Council and Legacy Non-Resident Waiver scholarships.
- Leadership Scholarship - $400 (one-time award)
- Each Spring semester, several applicants will be awarded pending funding by the administration. The elected ISC President will be awarded $1000.00 each Spring and Fall semester.
- International Pageant Scholarship - Scholarship amounts are granted each Spring for the top three winners of male and female category.
- Non-Resident Tuition Waiver Scholarship - up to $1,000 (one-time award). Scholarship is awarded to the student based on their GPA and leadership involvement while studying at U.C.O.
- For a list of other scholarship opportunities, please refer to U.C.O. Scholarships and U.C.O. Scholarship Application Utility.
*In most cases, scholarships are stackable but may not exceed the cost of tuition.
- Security Analyst
- Tech Support
- IT operations
- Software Engineer
- Network Administration
Cost & Fees
- Resident General Tuition Fee per credit hour: $205.35
- Non-Resident General Tuition Fee per credit hour: $344.90
Program taught in: