About the Program
Degree: Bachelor of Business Administration, BBA
Training type: Full-time studies
Length: 210 ECTS Cr, 3,5 years
Annual intake: August 2019 intake 50
Application periods: 9- 23 January 2019
Want to get a high-quality business education, get classmates from all over the world, and develop your English skills? If yes, this is something for you! International Business provides students with the knowledge and core business management skills they need to succeed in the global marketplace. You will study the whole degree in English. Tuition fee and scholarship The official tuition fee is 8000 euros/year for non-EU/ETA citizens. All excepted students will get 50 % scholarship for the first year. Good performance in studies (55 CR/year) will guarantee 50% scholarship throughout the studies. Develop your knowledge and skills to:
- manage diverse teams
- communicate in multicultural contexts
- synthesize and analyze business data
- apply strategic thinking
- manage global businesses.
Study and gain work experience You do not only earn a BBA degree diploma; during your studies, you also gain a lot of actual work experience. Many of our graduates establish extensive business networks already during their studies. Practical training (ca 5 months), projects and thesis are all ways of learning and interacting with working life and companies. From all over the world We have students e.g. from France, Russia, Estonia, Ghana, Nigeria, Belarus, Bangladesh, China, Vietnam, Nepal, Denmark, USA, India, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Hungary, Netherlands, Great Britain, Latvia, Malawi, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, and Finland!
Fundamentals of Business During the first year, you will concentrate on the fundamentals of business, such as the basics of marketing, management, communication, and research. You will get theoretical bases of business that will help you to understand business practices in global contexts.
Academic Tracks During the second year, you will choose two academic tracks and write your thesis. The Academic Tracks (7 credits each) are Marketing Management, Cross-Cultural Management, Technology Business and Future Foresighting, Finance and Corporate Governance, User Centric Design and Innovation, Economics of Internationalisation and Competitiveness.
International Exposure The third academic year is dedicated to the international exposure and specialization: practical training and/or an exchange period abroad. You are encouraged to choose your specialization at our partner institutions. Students can also widen their experiences and skills by pursuing a double degree at one of our accredited partner universities, outside Finland. In case you stay one more semester at JAMK you may also specialize in High-Tech Management, Sport Marketing, Tourism and Hospitality Management, or Entrepreneurship.
Intended learning outcomes Intended learning outcomes are a statement of what a student will know and be able to do at the end of a programme.
- Knowledge and understanding
- Practical Skills: Multicultural Competency
- Intellectual skills: Information Management in Business
- Transferable Skills: Multicultural Communication in Business
Graduate Jobs According to our alumni survey our graduates work in professions such as: Marketing Director, Secretary-General, Export Assistant, CEO, HR Coordinator, Export Assistant, Mobile Product Manager, Area Sales Manager, B2B Marketing Executive, Trader, Sales Consultant, Business Area Manager, Lead Planner, Account Manager, Acquisition Marketing Manager, Product Manager, Store Manager, Analyst, Brand Manager.
JAMK´s International Business Programme is the only EPAS accredited bachelor level programme among Finnish Universities of Applied Sciences. Graduates who choose to study on an EPAS accredited programme can be assured that they are attending an institution with high international standards of quality with a balance between high academic quality and professional relevance. In addition, the needs of the corporate world are well integrated into the programme.
How to Apply
1. Apply online www.studyinfo.fi 9 – 23 January 2019 by 3:00 p.m. Finnish time (UTC+2).
2. Applicants applying with non-Finnish qualifications must send the required enclosures to their first-preference UAS admission services by 30 January 2019 by 3:00 p.m. Finnish time (UTC+2) at the latest.
- copies of the original degree certificates (high school/secondary school)
- authorised translation of the certificate if needed (in English, Finnish or Swedish, the translation must have the translators' signature and stamp)
3. All eligible applicants are invited to entrance examinations. Invitations to entrance examination or decisions on eligibility are sent by email in the beginning of March.
4. Entrance examinations are arranged in the end of March/beginning of April. The invitation letter (email) will include all the details about time, location, and special arrangements.
5. Results are announced on 28 June 2019, at the latest.
6. If you are admitted, start visa/residence permit application procedure (if needed) immediately at the beginning of June.
7. If you are admitted, you must confirm your study place by 8 July 2019 by 3:00 p.m. Finnish time (UTC+2), at the latest. If you do not return the form on time, you will lose the study place.
8. If you have applied with an upper secondary education completed in Finland (suomalainen ylioppilastutkinto tai ammatillinen tutkinto), please send a copy of your educational certificate(s) to us by 8 July 2019 at 3:00 p.m. at the latest.
9. Please remember that your admission is conditional until your relevant original certificates have been checked. The polytechnic/UAS may withdraw the admission if an applicant has given false information or has forged document(s).
10. Studies will begin in the middle of August 2019. Please, arrive to Jyväskylä by that time!
11. Concerning the Degree Programme in Nursing JAMK may require a criminal record from the students whose practical training includes working with minors (under 18 year olds). Furthermore, please check the health requirements in DP in Nursing.
12. We communicate by email, so please remember to type your email address correctly into your application! Check your email regularly, including your spam and junk folders.
13. Notice, that there is tuition fee for NON-EU/EEA-citizens.
Lukuvuosimaksuja ei ole suomalaisille tai muiden EU-maiden kansalaisille!
Read more information!
Program taught in: